• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA produced after 12 months

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CCA produced after 12 months

Originally posted by miliitant View Post
    same crap from cabot

different nappy
    Had the same! Part of the same group and apparently share the same office.!
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Received FIRE's introduction letter..although its not very polite..I must contact them immediately :tinysmile_grin_t: yea right...like i'm going to do that...will Cabot stop adding unauthorised charges now, or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Comment

if it comes to it we will get any charges refunded

cabot are well known for adding NON CONTRACTUAL CHARGES

but that is far into the future anyway

Comment

So...my best course of action is what? Should I respond to FIRE, or should I just..ummm hold fire (sorry couldn't resist!) :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

hold FIRE

resist those uncontrollable urges to phone them

they are just baiting the hook to see who they catch

Comment

Received another letter from FIRE yesterday, telling me to "make them a reasonable offer" as Cabot turned down my without prejudice F&F of approx 10% of the oustanding balance (a higher percentage if you take off all their unauthorised interest) is it worth offering it again to FIRE? I'm unemployed and don't get any benefits because i'm married, so can't really even afford this, but if it would get them off my back i'd do it...or does their letter imply they think they wouldn't stand much of a chance in court? Any ideas of the course of action I should take?

Comment

Looks like Cabot/Fire are trying again with me as well, got another letter at the end of last month and wrote back using CB and Bill Ks template letters.
                This is also a HBOS alleged outstanding amount but I had a letter from them saying that there were "no amounts owing"
                Cabot's tried to say this had been sent "in error" but so far have failed to provided this "proof"
                First came across the "Fire" part of them three years ago when they tried with an alleged Citi Card Goggle the address and although it appears to be a different post code it is in fact part of the same address! And I found out they are actually related!
                Had at least three "missed" calls from them despite asking for everything in writing.
                I am sure you already have but can you "try" another CCA?
                I know Cabot have a tendency to return the fee, which may "prove" they cannot provide it.
                So good luck!
                :deadhorse:
                Last edited by dogtired; 10th September 2012, 09:07:AM.

Comment

They have provided what they say is the CCA (not sure if i've posted it on here...if not i'll put it up later), along with T&C;s they say are from 2002 (no date so can't prove whether they are or not)..Sainsbury's never took it to court, and Cabot haven't either, with makes me think perhaps they know they wouldn't win..or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part!

Comment

Sainsbury went another route, the CCA was incomplete and the Terms and conditions were in someone elses name, that did not stop them passing it to first Robinson Way, then Blair Oliver Scott, then back to Robinson Way and now Wescott!
                    Know its no help but its good to know that there are others going through this rubbish.
                    Even if they did "prove" it in both cases they would only get peanuts as only now got State and a small NHS pension!
                    Last edited by dogtired; 10th September 2012, 23:19:PM.

Comment

You get more than me then....unemployed and no benefits at all...so all they can have from me is fresh air in any case

Comment

Well i made the decision to not reoffer my F&F to Cabot/Fire and today i've received another letter from Fire headed "Pre-Visit Notification" No further notice will be given... if i don't contact them within 48 hours they MIGHT commence legal proceedings, or a doorstep agent will be calling :tinysmile_aha_t:...well i'll let the dogs know i'm sure they'll be delighted to welcome them...should i get the posh china out ready? :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Cabot have called at least ten times as googled the numbers so know it was them. So far no reply to my last prove it. Think they may be bluffing but looking at advice it may be prudent to move any thing of value and replying with a letter to say that they cannot call without an appointment I am sure there are templates on LB.:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
                          Last edited by dogtired; 27th September 2012, 18:41:PM.

Comment

If a doorstep collector calls i will introduce him to the dogs :beagle::beagle:usually means people don't call again in a hurry unless known or invited and Cabot and Fire most certainly have not been invited and are not welcome, Cabot have already received the not calling within an appointment letter from me ages ago so they should have passed it on to Fire (yea right!) I really do not want to communicate with either of them as it seems to just encourage them.

Comment

you are right

calling them will only encourage the commission monkey to make your life a misery

please just ignore them until anything substantial comes along

its your choice at the end of the day but these realy are computer generated threatograms with no human intravention

but thats me, you have to decide your self

Comment

Update: After Cabot passing this over to Fire, who i've ignored, they stopped adding interest (which is one good thing I guess after adding over £2K), today i've received a letter saying Cabot have now passed this onto Quantum and if they don't have any success it will be passed to Wright Hassall, a firm of solicitors. Are Quantum the next desk down from Fire in the Cabot Office? Quantum's letter (ahem) which came in the same envelope as the one from Cabot, using the same type face and numbering down the side of the page, says I should contact them with a realistic offer blah blah blah...

Can anybody give me some idea of what the likely next course of action will be? Should I contact them with a "without prejudice" F&F even though i can't afford to, or should I just ignore them?

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X