• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA produced after 12 months

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCA produced after 12 months

This is what they are saying is the agreement..when I first posted this on another forum a few years ago i was told it wasn't compliant, however now somebody has said it is...thoughts would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by christel View Post
      You may be ok, my husband had problems with Cabot who were threatening all sorts; at the time we had not long met and he moved in with me as he needed treatment for cancer. I phoned Cabot to explain he was ill and some bimbo on the phone said "It's not our fault he's got cancer, he shouldnt have got into debt in the first place"

I thanked them for their time and wrote a letter saying either take £1 per month or we will attend court and share your views with the judge. That was in 2003, he has been paying £1 per month ever since and we have not heard a peep out of them!

Offer them the pound if they wont settle, and let them wait for their money
      The Cabot telephone operative should have been taken off the phones, lost their bonus points and put on a disciplinary when they responded to a vulnerable consumer with the following:
      by Cabot:
      "It's not our fault he's got cancer, he shouldnt have got into debt in the first place"
      Shame on you Cabot.
      Of course, you have to be compliant now, don't you!

ALL DCA firms now have to be compliant.

If they step out of line.
      REPORT THEM TO THE OFT.

Comment

Oh dear.
        One is not impressed by post# 61.

Comment

Hi Duffers Mum
          I think the point is any agreement is only compliant or not if it goes to court and the judge decides either way
          Crapbot can take a running jump off a short pier if you have offered all you can afford
          They should not be adding interest and charges once you have been defaulted and sold on surely Im sure the judge would decide you are being harrassed unfairly you should report them to the OFT and save a copy to use in your defence
          You could start a dispute with Crapbot about the charges which will tie them up in knots for a while

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
            Oh dear.
            One is not impressed by post# 61.
            I'm confused now?

Comment

Re: your post# 61.
              Here's one that CrapBot baked earlier, as you are aware:
              sainsburys cca credit card 2002

Comment

Yes..i'm waiting to see if they provided them with similar T&C's to what they sent me, quite interesting that its from the same year as it will be good to compare.

I'm waiting to hear back from them after my F&F offer, which they turned down and I stated that it would be that or nothing...haven't heard from them for a while.... no doubt they are busy cutting and pasting

Comment

Quick update on this one..received a letter today saying they have recently been informed I live at this address..must have forgot to tell them..oh dear

Apparently they need me to ring them because my account is overdue (really Sherlock?) I presume I should just ignore? I told them earlier this year that I was unemployed, etc and my circumstances haven't changed, offered them a F&F, which they declined. Of course they are still hammering on interest, but they've not sent me any statements (even to old address as had a redirect on so they can't say they've been sending me letters because they haven't!).

Should I reoffer my F&F, or just ignore them?

Comment

Originally posted by Duffers Mum View Post
                    Quick update on this one..received a letter today saying they have recently been informed I live at this address..must have forgot to tell them..oh dear

Apparently they need me to ring them because my account is overdue (really Sherlock?) I presume I should just ignore? I told them earlier this year that I was unemployed, etc and my circumstances haven't changed, offered them a F&F, which they declined. Of course they are still hammering on interest, but they've not sent me any statements (even to old address as had a redirect on so they can't say they've been sending me letters because they haven't!).

Should I reoffer my F&F, or just ignore them?
                    Had a similar experience two with Cabot both Bank of Scotland group both went to FOS got PPI back on one Cabot have still not sent confirmation of this.
                    The other was a Halifax loan who sent me along with my SAR request a letter saying no money was due as the loan had been settled in 2006.This has been with FOS for a year and about Cabot's activities.
                    Claim rejected yesterday as they cannot rule pre 2005 or something.
                    so now what, rejected the ruling as they say that if I do I could take it to court? (wish I could afford it)
                    No doubt the letters will now start arriving from Cabot. :tinysmile_cry_t:
                    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                      Had a similar experience two with Cabot both Bank of Scotland group both went to FOS got PPI back on one Cabot have still not sent confirmation of this.
                      The other was a Halifax loan who sent me along with my SAR request a letter saying no money was due as the loan had been settled in 2006.This has been with FOS for a year and about Cabot's activities.
                      Claim rejected yesterday as they cannot rule pre 2005 or something.
                      so now what, rejected the ruling as they say that if I do I could take it to court? (wish I could afford it)
                      No doubt the letters will now start arriving from Cabot. :tinysmile_cry_t:
                      Is the amount involved within the Small Claims Track, i.e. £5,000 or less? Court fees are capped.
                      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

The last alleged amount was about £8000 but before all this Cabot had added charges etc.
                        The documents they supplied to FOS were printouts of templates with no account numbers on them.
                        I did post these up on a thread and I dont want to intrude on some one elses thread.

Comment

Today i've received a letter from Cabot telling me they have recently purchased my account..you couldn't make it up..bunch of muppets..because they found out i had moved they obviously are treating it as a new account, as their introduction letter is accompanied by their leaflet telling me how helpful and wonderful they are...their letter does state interest is being charged at 12%, but I still don't know whether my agreement (if it is the agreement) allows them to do this..balance is now over £2K more than what it was when it was sold to them. My JSA runs out today so i've no income at all coming in from tomorrow...so their chances of getting even a penny out of me are nil.

Comment

Fully expecting the same!
                            My complaints about them have been rejected, one supposed to have been settled via the PPI, which they still haven't acknowledged and its almost a year now.
                            The other all they produced was dodgy paper work and even produced an equally dodgy "e mail" from the OC saying that the letter I had that stated no sums were payable was sent in error, bet they were be as slow with that one now I have rejected FOS decision!

Comment

One from Cabot today confirming the account now settled this was in September last year, the excuse being that I had still carried on with the dispute. They did write back in July saying that this same account was irrecoverable so basically they have got in excess of what they "bought" it for really really mad about this.
                              Waiting for the next one now as I am certain they will now start again with the threats about it as they still think that I owe them money.:flame:
                              Last edited by dogtired; 15th May 2012, 14:15:PM.

Comment

I really could do with some confirmation one way or the other, about this adding interest lark. Cabot have been adding interest since they bought this account, however they could not provide a copy of the CCA which might, or might not, have said interest could be charged. They could only in the first instance provide a reconstruction, which was not a copy of the original because it contained a glaring error. A year or so later (they were still adding interest) they provided a copy of what they said was the CCA, but no T&C's...they then produced what they say are the original T&C's (I have no way of knowing whether they are are not, 2002 was a long time ago!) So if they are entitled to charge interest I would presume it would only be from when they sent all the documents? Is this right? Should they also be charging interest at 12% shouldn't it be at what the original agreement states? Also I have a very defective DN, could this help my case for getting some of this interest removed?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X