• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA produced after 12 months

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCA produced after 12 months

Duffers Mum

How do you know that the T&C's Cabot provided were the ones that were applicable to your application?

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Algee View Post
      Duffers Mum

How do you know that the T&C's Cabot provided were the ones that were applicable to your application?

Alan
      Well I don't! They are quoting the right amount for overlimit charges etc, but there is nothing on there to say that they are from the specific year my account was opened..

I'm not getting anywhere with this, apart from more and more confused so think i'll just let them take me to court and get a CCJ..with no money and no job there is nothing else I can do!

Comment

Are you sure there is no date? Normally at the bottom of one of the pages there is some kind of reference. This reference number normally has at the end of it the date, for example 1004 - October 2004. Is there no reference number on the terms they have given you?

Are you able to read all the terms & conditions easily?

You said that Barclays are the original creditor, so was it a Barclaycard, Goldfish CC or Monument CC or was it a loan?

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Algee View Post
          Are you sure there is no date? Normally at the bottom of one of the pages there is some kind of reference. This reference number normally has at the end of it the date, for example 1004 - October 2004. Is there no reference number on the terms they have given you?

Are you able to read all the terms & conditions easily?

You said that Barclays are the original creditor, so was it a Barclaycard, Goldfish CC or Monument CC or was it a loan?

Alan
          It was for a Sainsbury's credit card...the T&C's they have provided have been photocopied as you can see the lines around the outside, they are headed Credit Agreement Regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and state "this is a copy of your agreement for you to keep, it includes a notice about your cancellation rights which you should read. The goes on The Parties to the agreement are Sainsburys Bank and Duffers Mum with my address..

How can it be a copy of my agreement and a copy of the T&C's? :crazy:

There is no date?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

Are they the same issue as provided by Cra*bot?

Are they the correct quarter 2002 issue T&C's?

Of course, it isn't unknown for these firms to fob a consumer off with incorrect issue T&C's!

Lastly, was the first token (credit card) varied?
            were you provided with a second credit card?

Comment

The T&C's were provided by HBOS to Cabot who then sent them to me, I don't know if they are even from 2002 as there is no date on them...I certainly had more than one card issued, as I only started having problems paying around 2008. Not sure what you mean about varied?

Comment

Originally posted by Duffers Mum View Post
                The T&C's were provided by HBOS to Cabot who then sent them to me, I don't know if they are even from 2002 as there is no date on them...I certainly had more than one card issued, as I only started having problems paying around 2008. Not sure what you mean about varied?
                Okay, the original terms were varied if you still had the card in 2008.

Therefore, they need to provide to you the exact issue of the original T&C's, as well as the terms as varied (the subsequent terms).

Comment

But how can I prove what they have sent are/are not the original T&C's as there is no date on them?

Comment

Originally posted by Duffers Mum View Post
                    But how can I prove what they have sent are/are not the original T&C's as there is no date on them?
                    Original copies would have a date!

Surely, it is up to them to prove that they are the correct issue inception T&C's.

Comment

What are the charges on the T&C's they have sent you?

Alan

Comment

Excellent..so no date is good.

Algee - the charges seem appropriate to the time before they were lowered, i.e £20 for late payment etc, so they could indeed be from around that time..then again they could be from before 2002 or well after..i'm not sure when the charges were lowered?

Also wouldn't T&C's usually just be a leaflet...not pieces of paper which show my name and address?

Comment

Another thing..i've just checked my credit file and I see Cabot are still adding interest..now i've looked in the T&C's and can't see a clause in the original set (which they say is the original set anyway) which says that interest can be added after its sold..I suspect if I write to them they will just say they are allowed to do this..i'm worried because this debt is getting bigger and bigger and I really don't know what to do.

Comment

So this was a Bank of Scotland Sainsbury's credit card.

What is the rate of interest as shown?

£20 sounds a little high for default charges in 2002?

Comment

You may be ok, my husband had problems with Cabot who were threatening all sorts; at the time we had not long met and he moved in with me as he needed treatment for cancer. I phoned Cabot to explain he was ill and some bimbo on the phone said "It's not our fault he's got cancer, he shouldnt have got into debt in the first place"

I thanked them for their time and wrote a letter saying either take £1 per month or we will attend court and share your views with the judge. That was in 2003, he has been paying £1 per month ever since and we have not heard a peep out of them!

Offer them the pound if they wont settle, and let them wait for their money

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                                So this was a Bank of Scotland Sainsbury's credit card.

What is the rate of interest as shown?

£20 sounds a little high for default charges in 2002?
                                It was taken out with Sainsburys..who I believe at the time were in partnership with Halifax (as it was then before the merger with BOS)

Section 3 Credit Charges shows a table with special promotion rates and interest showing as N/A. on the same table it shows the standard rate of 17.70APR on cash advances. and 15.9% APR for purchases or 1.24% per month.

Its also showing the minimum payment each month must be £5 or 3%..I thought around 2002 the minimum was 3% or 5% but I may be wrong?
                                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                                Did they stop adding interest and charges though? My balance has increased by getting on for £1500 because of the interest they are charging me.

Originally posted by christel View Post
                                You may be ok, my husband had problems with Cabot who were threatening all sorts; at the time we had not long met and he moved in with me as he needed treatment for cancer. I phoned Cabot to explain he was ill and some bimbo on the phone said "It's not our fault he's got cancer, he shouldnt have got into debt in the first place"

I thanked them for their time and wrote a letter saying either take £1 per month or we will attend court and share your views with the judge. That was in 2003, he has been paying £1 per month ever since and we have not heard a peep out of them!

Offer them the pound if they wont settle, and let them wait for their money
                                Last edited by Duffers Mum; 15th February 2012, 18:03:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X