• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Finanical - Citi Cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cabot Finanical - Citi Cards

Originally posted by Timed~Out View Post
    I received another letter from Cabot last week stating that "unfortunately Cabot has not been able to provide you with the requested information within the relevant time period" They say they will continue to request the info from Citi and my account is on hold...

Think I will just let it run as it is, my balance has increased over £500 in the few months that these guys have been messing around! Checked back through old files and my card was originally Peoples so I would think the chances of an original agreement being found are slim....I hope!!
    I received the exact same letter today from Cabot stating that that they still have not received the requested items from Citi... Blah blah blah...

They haven't put the account on hold, but my interest has stopped due to my I/E statement.

I just wish someone could actually tell us where we really stand in regards to all of this.

Comment

• Re: Cabot Financial - Citi Cards

Originally posted by Tya View Post
      Well I hope you do get it sent back to Citi. Good luck with that and keep me posted.

Tya x
      Will do and you keep me poted as well
      xx
      Dogtired
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      I received the exact same letter today from Cabot stating that that they still have not received the requested items from Citi... Blah blah blah...

They haven't put the account on hold, but my interest has stopped due to my I/E statement.

I just wish someone could actually tell us where we really stand in regards to all of this.
      Thats at least three of us with the same Just leaving as it is for now, lke Timed out on the grounds that I have had nothing from Citi yet and thats nearly three weeks ago
      Last edited by dogtired; 17th November 2010, 15:19:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

The chances of Crapbot producing anything resembling a Credit Agreemnet fro Peoples Bank of Conneticut is NIL

As for Halifax et al saying they cannot produce any paperwork as the debt has been sold to Crapbot this is a load of tosh.

Under money laundering regulations as well as HMRC rules they are obliged to keep all relevant paperwork for a period of 7 years AFTER the account has been closed

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
          The chances of Crapbot producing anything resembling a Credit Agreemnet fro Peoples Bank of Conneticut is NIL

As for Halifax et al saying they cannot produce any paperwork as the debt has been sold to Crapbot this is a load of tosh.

Under money laundering regulations as well as HMRC rules they are obliged to keep all relevant paperwork for a period of 7 years AFTER the account has been closed
          The letter I got from Halifax did say that it had been settled in 2006 !
          Sent a copy to Crabot see what they come up with.
          I do belive as regards the Citi account they may try to get away with a reconstituted agreemnt but have template from you guys to cope with that (I hope)

Comment

yet another "sorry for the delay" " and "start paying us now" letter from Crapbot and no reply from Citi (cca sent just over three weeks ago).
            Quite willing to play letter tennis, but concern is the alleged amount is still increasing do I write to them again now with an account in dispute or just leave things be and sit tight?

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
              yet another "sorry for the delay" " and "start paying us now" letter from Crapbot and no reply from Citi (cca sent just over three weeks ago).
              Quite willing to play letter tennis, but concern is the alleged amount is still increasing do I write to them again now with an account in dispute or just leave things be and sit tight?
              Anyone?:26:

Comment

Anyone?:26:
                Hi,

Sorry haven't been on her for awhile... When I did SAR/CCA to Citi, theey sent me a letter sating that it was out of their hands and returned the PO's. Then they sent me another letter stating that I needed to send them the a PO for blah blah so that they could give me this info.....

With Cabot, I keep receiving lettewrs from them saying that they are still looking into providing me with the CCA, but they have frosen mt account so I'm now paying the £1 a month.

Yes, you should let Cabot know that they are now in dispute and have you sent them an I/E form to stop interest etc...? Sorry if this has been asked of you already.

Tya

Comment

Hi,

Sorry haven't been on her for awhile... When I did SAR/CCA to Citi, theey sent me a letter sating that it was out of their hands and returned the PO's. Then they sent me another letter stating that I needed to send them the a PO for blah blah so that they could give me this info.....

With Cabot, I keep receiving lettewrs from them saying that they are still looking into providing me with the CCA, but they have frosen mt account so I'm now paying the £1 a month.

Yes, you should let Cabot know that they are now in dispute and have you sent them an I/E form to stop interest etc...? Sorry if this has been asked of you already.

Tya
                  no I/E yet, CCA both them and Citi. nothing from City four weeks on Thursday and last letter from Cabot was 11th November
                  NOT paid anything on this one as thye have failed to "prove" it

Comment

no I/E yet, CCA both them and Citi. nothing from City four weeks on Thursday and last letter from Cabot was 11th November
                    NOT paid anything on this one as thye have failed to "prove" it
                    all quite on the Cabot front, wonder why!

Comment

Hi,

Yes its quiet for mke as they have frozen interest and are allowing me to pay £1 a month.

At least I'm not being harrased, so for now I'm in a good place.

How are things with you? x

Comment

Fingers crossed but I havnt heard a peep from CABOT since my last post. Not sure what to do now, think it might be best to leave well alone....

Comment

Hi,

Yes its quiet for mke as they have frozen interest and are allowing me to pay £1 a month.

At least I'm not being harrased, so for now I'm in a good place.

How are things with you? x
                          Ok I suppose, like Timed out no "news" being good "news" am still awaiting them to get back (nothing since November)!

Comment

hi guys, stumbled upon this thread when looking for info on Cabot online - had the same letter from them this week as you all seem to have had previously. Last I can see on this thread is December 2010 - anyone had any further progress etc...?

Long story short, I had a credit card with Citi, which I believe to be unenforceable, and stopped paying them for about a year. Ignored phone calls and letters. Heard nothing for months, then had the Cabot letter this week. I plan to ignore them too, as I don't think they can do anything. However, I'd loveto know if you guys have any further info that might help me out with them...?

Comment

Originally posted by stressball View Post
                              hi guys, stumbled upon this thread when looking for info on Cabot online - had the same letter from them this week as you all seem to have had previously. Last I can see on this thread is December 2010 - anyone had any further progress etc...?

Long story short, I had a credit card with Citi, which I believe to be unenforceable, and stopped paying them for about a year. Ignored phone calls and letters. Heard nothing for months, then had the Cabot letter this week. I plan to ignore them too, as I don't think they can do anything. However, I'd loveto know if you guys have any further info that might help me out with them...?
                              Nothing at all from Citi or Cabot since last year!
                              Cabot returned the £1 and then two more letters threatening if I did not pay up or make arragements etc (last November) nothing at all from Citi not even the £1 back!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X