• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Orbit debt collector came to house Cabot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by afterimage View Post
    As we feel this is the best way forward to help you in your journey to financial recovery
    You could send the same letter to Cabot again, so they know your position.

Comment

And getting silent phone calls again

Comment

And getting silent phone calls again
        Make a formal complaint report to Trading Standards.

Comment

Thanks i will send another registered letter again

Comment

Kind regards Paul

Comment

Cabot now have my mobile Number and calling up in the evening 19 41 Friday 7th June 2024
              This is harassment

Comment

Cabot now have my mobile Number and calling up in the evening 19 41 Friday 7th June 2024
                This is harassment
                Send the following to Cabot, make sure you get Proof of Postage :-

https://nationaldebtline.org/sample-...0if%20possible.

Comment

Thanks i will.send this off on Monday
                  Kind regards Paul

Comment

i had resolver contact Cabot
                    A county court Judgment was taken out
                    By Yorkshire Bank in 2003 revolver are saying contact them
                    I said i am not calling or dealing with them
                    Cabot are saying i owe them the money

Can you further advise. Kind regards Paul

Comment

If a creditor has not enforced a CCJ during the 6 years after it was issued they can no longer enforce it unless they go back to court and ask for permission from the court. They will need to have an exceptionally good reason before the court would agree to the creditor's request. The CCJ was over 20 years ago so very unlikely a court would give permission. Also as the CCJ was deleted from the official court record of CCJs (and your credit records) 6 years after the judgement Cabot couldn't even make a court request unless they were in possession of the original 2003 court judgement so could prove the CCJ exists. They probably don't have it, they are bluffing you.

So has Yorkshire Bank or Cabot anyone else they sold the debt to tried to enforce the debt since 2003? Sent Baliffs round or anything like that?

I haven't read back through the whole thread but haven't established that Yorkshire Bank sold the debt to Cabot ages ago and Cabot now own it? If so I can't see much point in contacting Yorkshire Bank.

It might be worth you checking the official register of CCJs to make sure there is nothing currently registered against you (whether this or any other CCJ) . There's a small fee.

Home (trustonline.org.uk)
                      Last edited by PallasAthena; 19th June 2024, 10:23:AM.
                      All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply Resolver were useless as they called Cabot and said Cabot CCJ was taken out in 2003 and it's still Valid i (Resolver)
                        No one has taken me to court or sent baliffs around just constant phone calls and letters
                        I did send a prove it letter no.paper work back
                        Kind regards Paul

This is constant harassment

Comment

No results found on court records

Comment

Resolver were useless as they called Cabot and said Cabot CCJ was taken out in 2003 and it's still Valid i (Resolver)
                            What an unhelpful reply from Resolver - you wouldn't think Resolver were supposed to be on your side... Technically a correct answer as CCJs don't expire as such, not unless satisfied by the debtor paying it in full, but Resolver's reply omits the all important fact that the CCJ can no longer be enforced without Cabot going back to court!

All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Paid for the Search nothing

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply Resolver were useless as they called Cabot and said Cabot CCJ was taken out in 2003 and it's still Valid i (Resolver)
                                No one has taken me to court or sent baliffs around just constant phone calls and letters
                                I did send a prove it letter no.paper work back
                                Kind regards Paul

This is constant harassment
                                Did you send the 'Harassment' letter?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X