• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Help

Hi

i have been chased by Cabot for the last year. They sent a letter to my mums address (I’m currently in/out of the country). In this letter they stated a debt collector might show up as I’m not replying. I actually emailed them last year explaining the situation and asked for a CCA which they ignored and stopped calling & emailing.

after the last letter I contacted them again via email explaining I don’t believe the credit card debt is mine and need a proof via CCA and signed confirming it’s mine. Long story but a messy breakup meant I got ripped off a bit fraudulently and then depressed. Police and solicitors managed to remove the majority but this Aqua one keeps coming back around.

today I have received ‘your offer of credit’ letter via email. This shows apr but no credit limit. It also just looks like an application form with a tick box signature from 2014. I wasn’t aware they could hold information for 10 years?

I’ve gone back reiterating I don’t believe it’s mine along with a question around the CCa. At the bottom is an IP which is 4 hours from me.

Can someone help as I’m useless with this type of thing?
    Tags: None

Hi King

Welcome to LB

Has payment been made in the last 6 years?

Has the debt been admitted in writing over the last 6 years?

I understand you state that the account was opened up 'fraudulently' at the same time as other accounts.

Comment

Hi

it Was an ex partner and then a mental breakdown so to be honest I was out of it a lot of the time. I’m in a much better place now mentally and majority of debts were wiped off. The few which were mine and fell behind have payment plans or being cleared slowly. This one I’m not sure about.

i haven’t acknowledged the debt just ask for a CCA.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kingkongi94 View Post
        Hi

it Was an ex partner and then a mental breakdown so to be honest I was out of it a lot of the time. I’m in a much better place now mentally and majority of debts were wiped off. The few which were mine and fell behind have payment plans or being cleared slowly. This one I’m not sure about.

i haven’t acknowledged the debt just ask for a CCA.

Thanks
        Has payment been made in the last 6 years?

If the debt hasn't been acknowledged or payment made in the last 6 years, then the debt could be statute barred.

Comment

I have no idea if I’m honest. They said I have in 2019. I don’t remember and nothing for Aqua shows on my credit file just from this Cabot 2021. Thanks

Comment

Send Aqua a SAR request, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Comment

Is it worth requesting the CCA from Cabot or no? They’ve come back to say it’s the contract and CCA requires a £1 fee.

if it is mine and it’s whilst I was in a crazy mind state I’m happy to try and pay or come to a negotiation.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kingkongi94 View Post
                Is it worth requesting the CCA from Cabot or no? They’ve come back to say it’s the contract and CCA requires a £1 fee.

if it is mine and it’s whilst I was in a crazy mind state I’m happy to try and pay or come to a negotiation.

thanks
                If you've sent a CCA request and that's what they sent, you don't think it complies, i.e. it hasn't got all the prescribed terms, 'no credit limit', then I don't think you need to do much more.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X