• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot/Nolans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot/Nolans

Hi all,

First Post here so hope its ok to post.

My partner has just received a letter in the post from Nolans solicitors. They are asking for payment towards a £5000 debt from Cabot financial. My partner has not received any letters from cabot financial themselves and has no idea what the debt could be for as we have no loans, mortgages etc. We have credit cards but they are paid monthly and are up to date and certainly not £5000 worth.

This is the first letter they have sent us however they are threatening a charge of payments and baliffs turning up to the door (i mean they could come but we have nothing of worth).

My partner has the same name as his dad so wondered if there had been a mixup maybe with the names and dates of birth but surely this would be picked up somewhere?

Is there any advice anyone can please give us?
    Tags: None

Hi Dinky

1) Send Nolans / Cabot a dispute letter (basically it's not your debt), that would put a 'halt' to any immediate action, Court Claim, etc. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://nationaldebtline.org/sample-...-not-owe-debt/

2) Send Cabot a Subject Access Request, they have 30 days to send you all the details on the account. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

As you say, it might be your partners dad's account, in that case, they (Cabot / Nolans) has breached data protection principles, so your partner's dad maybe due compensation as they've sent his personal circumstances / details to you.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. Thank you, my partner did phone cabot financial to check what the debt was for and after giving his details they do not have this debt under his details, which makes me think it is for his dad, However his dad has never been listed under the address we stay at.

I will get him to write the letters tonight and see where he goes from there. Thank you.

Comment

I could help you with this. I will send you a PM

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X