• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gemini v Cabot(2)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gemini v Cabot(2)

I have no idea what charges have been levied and, as I say, I am not absolutely sure about any PPI on ANY of my a/c's. I will have to wait until such time as I get the documentation. I am just thinking that if there is PPI and I was not aware, then they have been robbing me for at least the period of the insurance (usually a year?).

Since I was unaware of any PPI, then no, I have not claimed.

Ref: Lowell Financial & RED. The debt was £632.26 on 14th July 2008...Lowell passed it to Hamptons Legal to deal with and on 1st September 2008 they sent a letter which explained that if they took me to court over this debt, then with costs added, it would total £804.02. That is over £750.00.
    Two are always better than one,
    but not as complicated as three can be.

Comment

Lowell/Red/Hamptons - All the same beast, so nowt to worry about

Seems Hamptons are playing fast and loose with the truth yet again. They can't simply "add costs" as they feel.
      No matter, wait and see what they have to say and then hit them with a CCA, BUT wait for them, don't go on pre-emptive on them, nowt to be gained.

Comment

Good. Things are getting a little more organized now. Which leaves just one more debt to sort out.

Welcome Finance are trying to get £1516.23 from me. I know for a fact I do not owe them that much. The most I actually recall signing for is around £500.00. Anyway, they last wrote 22nd November 2005 saying that "The Lewis Group" would be trying to get it. I recall telling one of their telephone operators that since Welcome had got nothing from me, what grounds did they place their belief on to do better? Never heard from them again.

Welcome subsequently gave the a/c to Roxburghe who have written a few times with the usual threats, and called a couple of times too. Last call, which I refused to take, was right after New Year. The last letter was dated 17th July 2008. They do not seem to be as pro active and bullying as the others, so I usually just forget about them 'til the next call or letter.

No wish to second guess you, but I think this is a case of wait for a call and tell them no more calls, all in writing from now on, then CCA the first letter?

Is this a good time to tell you that I did try to pay these debts via Chiltern Debt Management. Unfortunately, for reasons previously alluded to, I could not keep up the payments. Also, if I remember correctly, Cabot contacted me and said that if I doubled the payments they would half the debt, or something like that. The wife will recall better than. Anyway, I am sure that one of the main reasons the whole plan went mammaries up was because the Welcome people insisted that they would not settle for less than £33.70/month and Chiltern told me I had a shortfall of £1.33 (greedy swines).

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini566 View Post
          No wish to second guess you, but I think this is a case of wait for a call and tell them no more calls, all in writing from now on, then CCA the first letter?
          You're getting the idea now.
          AT the end of the day there is a debt to pay, BUT you want to ensure that you are indeed paying it to the correct people..

Have a good read of this as it explains more of what we are doing : Consumer Credit Agreements - A Guide - Legal Beagles

Comment

Hi,
            Just to update...Another letter from Cabot this morning......

"We write further to your request for information under sections 77 and/or 78 of the CCA 1974."

{You will recall I posted the request on 27th February}

"Although Cabot has requested the information, the original lender is experiencing a delay in retrieving the information from its archives.

The status of your account.

We will as a gesture of goodwill put your account on hold until we receive further communication from the original lender."
            ---------------------------------------------------------

Incidently, not being used to Postal Orders, what do I do with the £1.00 order that they sent back to me?

:tinysmile_aha_t:

Comment

Well that's standard Cabot faire there. Just wait for thier compliance,

As for the PO, errr, pass

Comment

might be worth asking the Post Office to cancel the Postal Order(did you keep the receipt?)

Comment

As a "gesture of goodwill" resend them the Postal Order and tell them to buy something nice for the office

Failing that, ask them to accept it as payment to your account.
                  Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I like the "gesture of goodwill" suggestion, just the type of sarcastic thing I enjoy.

Anyway, I am here this morning because it seems this is the only thread of mine being "watched" by those that matter and I got a letter from HFC on Monday. I posted details in the 'Gemini & HFC' thread. Would someone mind having a peep for me please?

As for the PO, I am going to frame and mount it to remind me that it just may have been the start of something good.....I feel a song coming on.

Later folks!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X