• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SCOTLAND- Simple Procedure Claim, Cabot Vs Me!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCOTLAND- Simple Procedure Claim, Cabot Vs Me!

I received a SPC in August '21 from N0lans on behalf of Cabot who purchased a Credit Card debt from Lloyds BG- details below.
    N0lans/Cabot have failed to provide any Default Notice to date and this has been my main 'defence'(?) so far. The Sherriff has scheduled a case mgmt discussion next week, 27th Jan.
    I have today received documents on Civil Online (attached in next post)

Are N0lans correct that they do not need any Default Notice for this claim?? Any advice would be much appreciated as I am losing sleep over the matter.

24 June 2009, Respondent entered Credit Card Agreement with Lloyds BG under which the Respondent borrowed from them a sum of money repayable on demand. Said agreement regulated under the
    Consumer Credit Act 1974.
    The date of termination was 20 March 2012.
    2.The respondent failed to pay as agreed on demand and is in breach of contract with said LBG.
    3.The said supplier assigned all rights in the said debt to Cabot Financial on 24 June 2016 and the Claimants have advised Respondent of same.
    4.The last payment was made to account on 5th December 2019. The sum of £3120 is the sum sued for.
    5. The claimants have made frequent requests to the Respondent to make payment of the said sum but the respondent has refused or delayed to do so
    Tags: None

docs uploaded now
    Attached Files

Comment

My understanding is that a Default Notice is important because, once you receive it you have 30 days to rectify the payments on the account. Having not received the Default Notice, you weren't given that opportunity. Also the Default Notice provides other information that you might not be aware of, i.e. what you should do regards the debt, seek debt advice from organisations etc.

Celestine

Comment

This is a common claim by Cabot that needs to be challenged. You may well have a host of other defences too that you are unaware of. I am unable to open the attachments however

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X