• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot / Mortimer Clarke CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot / Mortimer Clarke CCJ

Hi everyone

I have a couple of issues I’d really appreciate some advice on - but will post them separately for ease!

The first one is with Cabot / Mortimer Clarke...

I found out the other day that I have a CCJ that was registered in July for an account that was passed to Cabot. I found this out by doing a check of my credit reports with the 4 main companies.

That was the first I knew about it. It’s been registered to my old address that I haven’t lived at in over 3 years. So obviously I haven’t received any papers etc and haven’t had the chance to defend it.

However - Cabot have my current address - the reason I know this is a. I gave the original account owner my new address when I moved and b. Cabot have been sending me letters at this address since they took over the account.

I am also registered on the electoral role here and have been since I moved in.

They also ignored both of my settlement offers for the account and seem to have proceeded on to the CCJ regardless.

i am aware that Mortimer Clarke are the ones who file the CCJ - however I understand they are part of Cabot.

So why now after using my current address to communicate with me for over 2 years have they used my old one re: legal action?

To add also - the address that they have used re: the CCJ has missed off the flat number - only gives the building number - so even if I was still living there it’s very possible I wouldn’t even have received the papers !

Could anyone advise me where I could go from here? I know I can apply to the court for the CCJ to be set aside as it’s been done in default but obviously there is a considerable fee for that ... do I have a case to try and get Cabot etc to consent to remove before I go down that route?

Thank you in advance !
    Tags: None

Going through the same offence Summons were sent to XXXXXX address then they gain a CCJ. But mysteriously then send the Judgement to the correct address, they seem to make this a habit to gain Judgement, then you have to request a Court to set-aside N244

Comment

Thing is none of the claim forms, judgement etc has been sent to the right address! I only found out about the judgement by checking my credit file. Yet they have been corresponding with me at my current address for the last 2+ years.

They have my correct address and have been using it - up until the point of legal action it would seem. Which to me feels quite deliberate if I’m honest.

As in - they have deliberately sent court papers etc to the wrong address knowing I wouldn’t receive them, wouldn’t be able to put in a defence etc - therefore they could obtain a judgement in default.

Feels very underhand to me!

Comment

then set aside as not served at your address which they have been corresponding the last 2 + Set Aside Application

Comment

Would it be better to go to Cabot first - re: consent to set aside - or just go straight to the court ?

Comment

Sorry - ignore that - I posted before I read the entire article! Will follow what that says - thank you!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X