• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial UK Ltd - SCOTLAND

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Financial UK Ltd - SCOTLAND

Hi.
    looking for some help or information on what to do or how to proceed. Currently been receiving letters for my partner at my house from Nolans Solicitors who are stating that the client is Cabot Financial UK Limited.
    he has never received any correspondence from Cabot Financial directly himself. Doesnt know what the money owed is for, hasnt had credit cards or loans out. Only thing he can think of is the possibility it has been a phone bill however the amount total is 3000
    He received a letter on 17/10 stating that he is now on notice for failing agreement of installment payments within 7 days they will proceed with enforcement against him...nothing happened when he didnt reply. He then received another letter 21/11 stating that he must take action and pay immediately or he will be served with a charge for payment of money, thereafter sheriff officers will arrange to attend and attach his belongings. We live in Scotland so I didnt think they could threaten with sheriff officers?? Also the house is mortgaged and in my name only, my mortgage only so they wouldnt be allowed in to attach belongings because its not his house?
    im currently just on maternity from having a baby so finance isnt the best at the moment, I was going to set up installment payments but after googling and coming across so many threads about Cabot Financial Im now unsure what to do. I see that somewhere it states that I should request the original credit agreement and if they cant provide it then it means he isnt obligated to make payment? Is that correct? I just dont know what to do because this Cabot company have never been in touch??
    Tags: None

It would be worth contacting Cabot and asking them what the original debt is for.

It sounds like they have obtained a Decree in default of not answering the summons. Were any of those letters from the court?

You really do need to find out what the original debt is to know whether you want to challenge it or sort out settling it/paying by instalments.

I'm going to add Scotland to your title as it is a different process there than in England/Wales.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

As Amethyst indicates it appears that they have previously taken an undefended decree out against him. My suspicion is that this will be a credit card debt and there may well be options open to dispute the debt entirely...happy to provide more info on this.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X