• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot financial Statute Barred

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot financial Statute Barred

Received a claim? Yes/No:yes
    Issue Date:05/12/2019
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?:no
    Total Amount Claimed :*( approximately please do NOT use EXACT figure given on the claim form, round up to next 100 or 1000)
    Claimants Name:cabot*
    Solicitors Firm:mortimer clarke
    Original Creditor:blackhorse
    Original Debt*(eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft)*:loan
    Particulars of Claim:* (*Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ):
    Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?):no
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ):
    Any Other Information or Background Details:*

*Hi everyone,

*Need some advice on how to put my defence together before i dispute the claim under the Limitation Act 1980.I have not made a payment or contacted Cabot in the last 6 years The last time i made a payment to this debt was on the 27/09/2013 to a debt collection agency called Ascent 20.When i received the pre court letter i spoke to the National Debt service they sent me a sample letter to send in reference to the "limitation act 1980" which i did,the response i received was that to company Ascent made a payment of 20 on the 20/09/2018,I've checked my bank statements and i did not make this payment.Does the payment from Ascent on the 20/09/2018 stop this from being Statute Barred.

Thanks

podjohn

(eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft)Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ):
    Tags: None

Also i did not authorise any payment made to this debt

Comment

if you did not make the payment then insist full details how paid/by whom/ when/ cheques etc etc bank and account???

Comment

Hi Mike,In a letter i sent them asking for proof they only sent a response saying a payment was made by Ascent by BACS in 2018,I did not authorise or make this payment.Cabot now have* filed for a CCJ which i received on 05/12/2019, I know I've 14 days to respond to the court, I was going to fill in the N9B section but i'm not sure on what to write in the defence part not very good with this side of it dont want to write the wrong thing.**

Comment

Tick defend. All

Comment

Defence is in 28 days after (33days from date on Court form) allows for postaing
            Last edited by MIKE770; 9th December 2019, 10:56:AM.

Comment

Amethyst*
              Last edited by MIKE770; 8th December 2019, 05:46:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                Tick defend. All
                So just tick the box dont write anything send it back to the court.

Comment

First Step
                  Check dates
                  Acknowledge Claim*

CCA Request

CPR 31.14 Request

Subject Access Request Letter

Comment

Example Defence * start but finalise a day or so before due date, as you do not want them to trash defence before due date by giving them extra time to get ducks in a row? * --- read the other court threads and see procedures as has happened in the past etc

Comment

I really appreciate your help with this.I'm going to send the N9B form off tomorrow, do you know if the court write back and tell me any dates or do i just start the 28 days form the date on the CCJ response pack.*

Comment

Amethyst*

Comment

Can i not just turn up at this court and defend myself?
                          Do these parasites simply try this on to get old debts payed?
                          Is anyone interested ???

Comment

Sorry this was on my thread.I was reading my thread and responding in there .Please delete my account this forum has some serious issies that will send me round the bend.

Comment

have to stick to the court directions/system not just turn up, as failing to respond to procedures you loose by default, read threads on here get to know how it all operates*

007 start your own thread no mistakes then

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X