• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot financial Statute Barred

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amethyst*,Hi thanks for the reply,but I'm not sure if Ascent were acting on behalf of Blackhorse or purchased it.Could this make a difference?
    Last edited by podjohn; 11th December 2019, 17:49:PM.

Comment

This is my example letter (cpr 31.14) is this ok and do i put the**"also add on a request for details of the alleged 20 payment as you dispute it and consider the debt is statute barred"on this letter somewhere or a* separate* request?
      Date: xx/xx/xxxx
      Dear Sirs,
      Claim Number: xxxxxxxxxx
      Request for documents mentioned in a statement of case under CPR 31.14
      On 06/12/2019 I received a County Court claim from yourselves of which I have acknowledged receipt indicating my intention to defend in full.
      To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence.
      1. Agreement.
      2.Termination.
      3.Notice of Assignment.
      In accordance with CPR 31.15(c) I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.
      You should note that this claim has not yet been allocated to a specific track and the provisions of CPR 27(2) are of no effect. Had your claim not been issued through CCBC the Claimant would have been obliged to attach copies of the documentation upon which it relies to the Particulars of Claim.
      I, as Defendant, am entitled to see the documents on which the Claimant relies and which you must produce at trial. Disclosure at this stage will enable me to fully plead my case and further the Overriding Objective.
      You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the document(s) I have requested are copied to and received by me within 7 days of receiving this letter.
      If you require more time in which to comply with this request you must tell me in writing and confirm your agreement to an extension of the time allowed for me to file my defence as allowed under CPR 15.5 so I may notify the court.
      For your information and records I enclose a copy of the formal request for a copy of the credit agreement relating to this claim, pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974, which has been posted to your client with the statutory fee of 1 today, xx/xx/xxxx
      I look forward to hearing from you.
      Yours sincerely
      *[/QUOTE]

Comment

Amethyst*Also done the SAR to Blackhorse and Ascent.Much appreciate the help wouldn't of known half of this if it wasn't for your help. Thanks
        Last edited by podjohn; 11th December 2019, 17:50:PM.

Comment

Amethyst*Hi i know your busy if you get chance can you advise on my cpr. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by podjohn View Post

Your CPR request is fine. You can't ask for details of the 20 payment in this letter as CPR's only permit disclosure of documents specifically mentioned in their particulars of claim. You have already made an enquiry and received an unsatisfactory response, so that will be included in your defence.
            ps remove any of those pesky 'A's if they appear in any document you copy and paste!
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thanks for the reply I nearly sent one asking for it.I'll wait for the reply's to the letters keep you all posted .Thanks for the help.sorry about the 'A's will remove in future.
              Last edited by podjohn; 11th December 2019, 23:11:PM.

Comment

I THINK I've fixed the issue with the pesky A's - it's a site glitch not your fault Pod.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi all, it's been a week I've checked on royal mail to see if the letters have been signed for and they were on Friday.So wait a bit longer for reply's.

Comment

Hi all, just a update,received two letters today 1 from Blackhorse basically saying they will send my information in the next 30 days,2 from Mortimer Clarke basically saying they have referred to the client (cabot) for the documents requested and will contact me when they received them.Not sure what to do next any advise would be much appreciated.Thanks**

Comment

Amethyst*

Comment

Wait and see, its up to them now to produce relevant documents or not.*

Comment

Thanks for the reply,but still not received any info back,was going to make a start on my defence letter today.I take it if i use your "sample of defence letter" I just fill in change where appropriate,do I need to include my own proof as in my bank statements, letters I've sent to help my defence to say the debt is statute barred.

Comment

You don't need to include evidence at this stage. That will come later on. For now yes, use the example defence as a starting point and amend as necessary. I might reorganise it to put the statute barred defence at the top and expand to deny the alleged Sept 2018 payment. If you post a draft I'm sure we can give it a once over.

Have you had nothing else back from Cabot ?

Was this a secured loan originally ?
                            Were Ascent acting for Blackhorse or had they purchased the debt ? ( is assignment to Cabot from Blackhorse or from Ascent ?)
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

No it was a unsecured loan from BlackHorse,I think Ascent were like a debt collection agency for BlackHorse not sure if they purchased the debt, but on the particulars of claim it says "The agreement was assigned to the claimant i.e Cabot" from blackhorse,it does not mention Ascent.

Comment

I've not had anything back from Cabot only got a letter from there solicitors confirming that they have referred to there client for the documents requested, that's all**

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X