• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot/Mortimer Clarke CCJ?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot/Mortimer Clarke CCJ?!

Hi
    looking for some help. I have an old debt for Lloyds TSB think it was a student overdraft it’s £1700. The last time I acknowledged the debt or paid anything off it must have been about 2006-2008. Definitely about 10 years ago. I’ve heard nothing until recently lots of contact from Cabot. I’ve received letters and emails, texts and calls. Blocked their numbers and have not acknowledged the debt. I’ve rang the debt helpline countless times but unable to speak to any advisers but been on hold for hours and no further forward.
    Cabot have now advised that the case has been passed to Mortimer Clarke Solicitors and they intend on applying for a CCJ. I’m just wondering if anyone can give me any advice. Me and my partner have just applied for a mortgage and really don’t want any nick marks on my credit file. There is no report of this debt on my credit file with it being so long ago.
    Any advice appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

You need to send them a statue Barr letter.

Comment

Now received letter from a company called Search Squad , coincidence or what ? Are they working for Cabot too ? These odious people never give up !

Comment

hopeful chancers many people stated ignored them in the past

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          hopeful chancers many people stated ignored them in the past
          I have heard from them yet again. I feel sick thinking about this. Now they are threatening me with other ways to contact me. What shall I do ? Shall I return letter stating not known at this address ? Will they send someone to my home ? I’m really scared. I haven’t taken a credit card out or made any payments to one for at least 12 years. Why are they chasing me over this now !

Comment

I have heard from Mortimer Clarke yet again.

I have heard from them yet again. I feel sick thinking about this. Now they are threatening me with other ways to contact me. What shall I do ? Shall I return letter stating not known at this address ? Will they send someone to my home ? I’m really scared. I haven’t taken a credit card out or made any payments to one for at least 12 years. Why are they chasing me over this now !
            Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X