• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot court claim statue barred

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot court claim statue barred

Hi,

I have just received court letters from Cabot finance chasing an old debt which I believe is statue barred. I have contested them over this last year and thought that was the end of the matter when I had no response from them.

The claim seems very vague on the description “the defendant entered into an agreement on or around **/**/2008.

I have completed the AOS and from reading a few other threads on here I believe I should be sending Cabot A CCA request. As I said above I sent them one last year and this was just ignored. What happens if they do the same again and the court clock runs out?

Should I complete my defence saying I believe the debt is statue barred? Or wait for the CCA to be returned?

I Am 99% confident that no payment or acknowledgement of the debt has been sent in the last 7 or 8 years.

Many thanks for your help!
    Tags: None

So I have heard back from Cabot today who have said that they received my request and they do not have the relevant information but they are requesting it from the original lender and it may take some time. I have also received another letter today from Mortimer Clarke saying they will be applying for judgement. The cabot letter is dated 30/9 and MCS letter 1/10.

I am conscious that the clock is running out for me to file my defence the claim was issued on the 11/9 and I extended the time 14 days. Are Cabot and MCS just stalling so the judgement is entered against me?

Do I have any options to extend the court clock because they can't provide the details from the CCA?

Comment

My understanding is that court action can not be taken if there is an outstanding CCA request that they have not complied with, As you have confirmation from Cabot that they are waiting for the information with regards to your CCA request, then I would file that information with the court and as that their claim be dismissed as it is currently unenforceable, regardless of any statute limitations that may apply.

Comment

They can bring court action however, as long as you defend the case on the non compliance with CCA grounds, they shouldn't be able to obtain judgment without having complied.

Has a defence been entered in the case? If the claim was issued on 11th September then Defence is due very shortly ( 33 days from the date of issue )

In case you haven't as yet then there is an example defence here Example Defence which does cover Statute Barred and non compliance with the CCA sect 77/78 request.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzauk View Post
          Hi,

I have just received court letters from Cabot finance chasing an old debt which I believe is statue barred....
          Hello, Interested to here what happened. It will be helpful for me and others on this forum.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X