• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help! My account will be placed with a solicitor in 7 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! My account will be placed with a solicitor in 7 days

Hello everyone,

I have buried my head and ignored all letters from Cabot for about 3 years. I owe 979 on an old credit card. I have attached a copy of the letter I received today. I have no idea where to start and the whole thing has been a main source of anxiety for me since loosing my job 3 years ago. Any advice would be much appreciated as I have no idea what to do next and searching online is very confusing.

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Good Morning.

No panic, that seems to be a letter before a letter of claim . once with the solicitors ( Mortimer Clarke most likely ) they will have to send a formal pre action letter of claim which you can respond to asking for further information and documents regarding the debt.

Who was the credit card with?
    Do you recall when you opened the account?
    Did it default 3 years ago? or longer ago and Cabot have owned the debt for 3 years ?

Do you have any other debts? Have you looked at your income/expenditure and worked out what you might be able to offer to pay monthly should it be required?

How important to you is your credit file? and does this show on there as a default, and if so, what date was the default ?

Is risking a CCJ on your credit file and the judgment register for 6 years something you are fine with, or are you thinking of applying for a mortgage or job in financial services in the next few years ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X