• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Court outcome today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Court outcome today

Hi everyone

So today we went to court against Cabot/Mortimer clarke as they applied for a stay to be lift and summary judgement made,
    we have sent letters to them in the past asking to see the Deed of assignment but nothing .

We told the judge this and he said we have no legal right to see the deed, he did say (after my prompt) that the notice of assignment was all that is needed, but was not satisfied that it had be served correctly as it states in sec 196 of CCA .

So we now have to see if they can prove it ??

So looking on these forums i've noticed that there are other angles that i can fight this i,e, agreement not signed ,

So my question is this do i change my defence and go again with potential extra costs or what ?

Do i fight all the way ?

Any help or advice will be very greatful

Chrees

Rich
    Tags: None

What was your original defence?

Did you request a copy of the original agreement under the Consumer Credit Act s.78 ?
    What was the original debt ? credit card ? loan? overdraft ?
    Have they provided a default notice ?

What was the actual outcome of the hearing - was the stay lifted, summary judgment not given, and your defence is proceeding?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	InkedIMG_0336_LI.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	1487095 My Original defence is in the pic attached
      it used to be an old credit card
      they haven't provided a default notice in the trial bundle

the outcome was they have till the 24 of this month to provide how the the notice of assignment was served but the judge was saying this only goes against the costs that they are trying to claim from the court hearing

im going to apply to the court in the morning to change my defence otherwise im going to run out of time

the trouble is i cant speak for my wife in court as im only a mcenzey friend so think we need someone to represent her

thank you any help is very much appreciated
      Last edited by Rich4673; 18th September 2019, 10:40:AM.

Comment

Name:	InkedCourt letter_LI.jpg
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	1487096

hi again just a quick update we had this in the post this morning
        is this fully dismissed or just part
        many Thanks
        Rich
        Last edited by Rich4673; 18th September 2019, 10:41:AM.

Comment

help please

Comment

Your personal details are showing you need to remove and redact

Comment

Changed photos now will someone advise please

Comment

Ok so you now have to file directions questionnaires by 4pm on 24th, what help is it you need?
                I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

The Claimants application has been dismissed - their application was to lift the stay and for summary judgment. I can't see why directions questionnaires will be required if the entire application was dismissed as that would mean the claim remains stayed...so I would think the summary judgment part of the application has been dismissed, and the stay has been lifted - although I'd expect it to say that on the order.... Either way though, yes you need to have filed your directions questionnaire as directed - if its the N181 small claims there is some guidance here - Directions Questionnaire - you need to send the original to the court and a copy to the claimant. Unless this is in the fast track (is it over £10k ? ) If you haven't sent a copy to the claimant then get one sent now. Did you receive a copy of theirs?

You do seem only to be defending on the assignment issue. As this is a credit card you would be well advised to submit a formal CCA request to the Claimant - CCA Request
                  you will then have the option to amend your defence if necessary in the event that they do satisfy the requirements for the assignment issue.

Do you know much about the background of this debt? when was the account opened? when did it default ? when was the last payment made ? etc.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Rich4673 View Post

Name:	InkedCourt letter_LI.jpg
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	1487096

hi again just a quick update we had this in the post this morning
                    is this fully dismissed or just part
                    many Thanks
                    Rich
                    Hi Rich, was it part dismissed or fully dis-missed. What happened with the CCA. I am hoping you got good news.

Comment

Originally posted by KingUnemployed View Post

Hi Rich, was it part dismissed or fully dis-missed. What happened with the CCA. I am hoping you got good news.
                      The order there is clear. The Claimants application was dismissed but the underlying claim still continued as the parties were ordered to file directions questinnaires
                      I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X