• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial 13 Year Old Debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingUnemployed View Post

any update?
    Do not respond on their letter headed paper.Mortimer Clarke Solicitors (not real solicitors they have to hire them) and Cabot share the same office along with Marlin a, Marlin c, Marlin defghiklmno... companies. Buying your debt for about £5 and sending these letters is their jobsworth

I was very interested to read, that payment of a debt after statute barred limit does not reset the clock, obviously it does if it is within 6 years.

This is not a court action letter and for Mortimer Clarke it is their jobsworth to start legal action in a small claims court. Follow the above directions unless you want to line their pockets and let them carry on with their business model, by paying them - they believe if they can threaten and intimidate you, you will pay them for nothing - its a win-win for them and people paying out keeps them in business because it is so profitable -especially now as everyone is worried and anxious about coronavirus -these leaches are super happy as they see big profits coming their way.

Write them a state barred letter with signed-for delivery, for which they will respond with either an investigation or state to you, you are wrong and you should seek legal advice and send you 10 more threat letters for legal action to pressure you into paying. If you do not pay, in about 2023 they will write lots of letters to you again.

I am currently being taken to small claims court by them, where they mysteriously made payments for a 2008 student overdraft in 2014 and are stating payments they made count as payments from me despite not reducing the overdraft amount owed. They have even sent a bailiff/debt collector with an official looking fake court order which they would not give a copy of, to get money off my OAP mother, if my neighbours were not there I dread to think of what would have happened with these sharks. It is how low the company go.

If you have not made any payments within 6 years and payments were made after 6 years, then ask for a refund in your statute barred letter sent by signed delivery. Depending on advice of others in the forum, consider either a counter-claim when they go ahead with small claims court action or put a claim in yourself.
    Last edited by KingUnemployed; 20th March 2020, 21:55:PM. Reason: Typos and expansion

Comment

Hi, thanks for the detailed response. We'll do as you've instructed and will report back

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X