• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial Old loan Santander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Financial Old loan Santander

Hello,

I am looking for some advice.

I have recently had a letter from Cabot regarding a remaining balance on a loan from somewhere around the year 2005. It got passed to a DCA (I forget the name) where I ended up setting up a payment plan. I set up new bank account at some point and this account unintentionally has not been paid for some time. I think at least four years. It then has been sold again to Cabot at some point but I have never made any payments with them. I also moved addresses and they have found my new address.

The loan does not appear on my credit file but I think it did at one point as it must have defaulted. I have buried my head in the sand at the moment as I have been working hard to repair my credit rating for the last 6 years where all my defaults drop off soon.

I am fearful of even communicating with them in case my credit rating is damaged. I have received a letter saying they are going to send resolvecall to my house. The balance is just over £2000. Is it likely they will go to court? issue another default? etc. I was thinking of sending a CCA as it has changed hands a lot and is from pre 2007. I am also sure that I reclaimed PPI on this loan it should have knocked 1800 off this balance but I now have no paper trail for this.

Any advice welcome.

As it defaulted around, the only way it can reappear on your credit file is if Cabot were successful in obtaining a county court judgment, so your best bet is to try put them off putting in court claim or coming to a settlement arrangement now ( early stages you might get a decent discount on the debt to settle in full or by installment ).

Send a CCA request ( CCA Request) is a good idea to hold things up. Don't worry about Resolvecall - they are literally there to encourage contact between the debtor and Cabot and if they did visit it'd only be to say ' call cabot' … annoying but not scary like a bailiff. And you can just tell them you do not give them permission to visit your property if you write to Cabot.

You do have a couple years until it would go statute barred due to your payments so its unlikely they will just drop it. I would ask for a full breakdown of the account since they took it over to check payments have been made, and regarding the ppi you could send a SAR to the original lender Subject Access Request Letter to make sure the balance remaining is right.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X