• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial UK Limited / Nolans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Financial UK Limited / Nolans

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date:17/12/18
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: Yes
    Total Amount Claimed :£1500
    Claimant’s Name:Cabot Financial UK Limited
    Solicitors Firm: Nolans Solicitors
    Original Creditor: New Day LTD
    Original Debt: Credit Card
    Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ):
    Entered into a credit agreement on 16/06/2015 with New Day LTD
    Agreement regulated under Consumer Credit Act 1974
    Failed to pay as agreed on demand
    Supplier assigned all rights in said debt to Cabot Financial UK LTD on 10/05/2017 and the claimants have advised the respondants the same.
    the sum sued for is £1508
    The claimant made frequent requests for payment but respondant has failed to do so

Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): I Have had contact ( cant remember last contact)
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): I have onlly requested a CCA which i have got back along with summary of accounts (although i dont think its the full CCA as the date in electronic signature is 11/06/2015 but cabot claims i entered into the credit agreement on 16/06/2015)
    Any Other Information or Background Details: I was repaying debt but ended up in hospital geting surgery on my nose for which i was out of work for 5-6 months, i was no longer able to keep up wuth repayments and eventually debt got sold to cabot. have never spoke or dealt with cabot up until now. I requested the CCA before the case management discussion to which cabot asked to delay to which i accepted. then a week later i received a load of documents (CCA and summary of accounts) to which the claim has been put on hold for 6 months i think.

The claim has been put on hold and now i am really stuck in what i can do. shall i throw the towel in or keep fighting? if keep fighting what is the best way? i cannot afford to pay this debt. if i was able to i would pay it off straight away but these guys are savages and they are like hungry dogs whoe keep coming and coming. any help will be appreciated. I have uploaded the CCA ( online for you to have a look at. i have the summary of account also which i can upload if needs be.

Attached Files
    Tags: None

It would be interesting to know the full extent of the document disclosure made by Nolans/Cabot....is it only the CCA?

Comment

Hi their, it was the online application what i posted above and summary of accounts (credit card statements). Would you like me to upload them?

Comment

If you are on about what documents were written on the actual claim i received in post, they were credit agreement and summary of accounts

Comment

It would be useful if you could cut and paste the detail of the claim that they will have set out in the claim form?

Comment

What are the details of the consumer credit agreement?
            set out the following information:
            - the date of the agreement and its reference no
            - the name and address of any person who acted as guarantor
            - the Details of the agreed repayment arrangements
            - the unpaid balance or amount of arrears

And in the box underneath all that

Date of agreement: 16/06/2015
            Ref no : ****************786
            Unpaid balance: £1508.27
            Repayment on demand

Comment

Received a letter from nolans solicitors today saying i have 14 days to reply to them in regards to the documents i got sent. If not they will proceed to infoem the court to restart proceedings.

Any help please on this matter?

Comment

Anybody?

Comment

Have you replied to them? You have little over a week to do so, under their terms.

Comment

No. As i do not know what steps to take now or what to say to them

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X