• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons-cabot ccj help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restons-cabot ccj help

Hi all, wondered if you had any advice, I got a ccj from restons on the 30th may 2017 which I am paying back £50 every month without fail, the judge ordered me to payback £40 and they also got a charging order on our house, and now they sent me this letter ( attached ) and they want me to fill in a financial statement which to me seems a bit in depth in to our personal life I feel its a bit too much, I get the feeling that they are poking there nose possibly to force us in to selling our house to pay the debt back quicker, they said if I don't reply they going to take legal action but I don't see how as I already have a ccj and im paying it back, never missed a payment just wondered what to do should I just fill it in, can they force it, thanks any advice would be gratefully received.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Hi there, apologies for missing your post.

Restons tend to get an an update on your circumstances 6 monthly or annually to try and get an increase in the monthly payments. They would have to apply to court to have the instalment changed it it was originally set by the court. The charging order secured the debt and the risk of them trying for a sale order is extremely low. Just going to have a look at the documents youve posted xxx

ok, there's only £1000 left to pay ... they wouldn't get a sale order for that so just keep making your payments - it isn't clear from their letter whether the installments were set by the court or if you came to an arrangement directly with them ?

If circumstances havent changed you can just reply saying so and that you will continue making the payments as ordered by the court.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Hi there, apologies for missing your post.
      Restons tend to get an an update on your circumstances 6 monthly or annually to try and get an increase in the monthly payments. They would have to apply to court to have the instalment changed it it was originally set by the court. The charging order secured the debt and the risk of them trying for a sale order is extremely low. Just going to have a look at the documents youve posted xxx
      ok, there's only £1000 left to pay ... they wouldn't get a sale order for that so just keep making your payments - it isn't clear from their letter whether the installments were set by the court or if you came to an arrangement directly with them ?
      If circumstances havent changed you can just reply saying so and that you will continue making the payments as ordered by the court.

Hi Amethyst, thank you for your reply ok will do that, yes the instalments were set by the court, and i opted to pay an extra £10 more as the court ordered me to pay £40 a month. My circumstances haven’t changed so was quite happy to pay £50 month and then they dropped this letter on me saying if i don’t rely by the 25th March they were going to cancel the agreement and take further action if i didn’t fill out the financial statement. Thank you for your advice it is very much appreciated.

Comment

If it helps I also had a judgment secured by charging order HFC via Reston's - few years ago now, but they'd ask for increases every six months or so and I did the same, just informed them there was no change and I'd keep making the payments as per the judgment order and would let them know if things improved - as of course I'd prefer to get it paid off ASAP too etc .... and after a couple times they didn't bother asking again. My judgment was about £8k. It is just a standard nudge to see if you can pay more quicker etc so don't let it worry you too much xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

If it helps I also had a judgment secured by charging order HFC via Reston's - few years ago now, but they'd ask for increases every six months or so and I did the same, just informed them there was no change and I'd keep making the payments as per the judgment order and would let them know if things improved - as of course I'd prefer to get it paid off ASAP too etc .... and after a couple times they didn't bother asking again. My judgment was about £8k. It is just a standard nudge to see if you can pay more quicker etc so don't let it worry you too much xxx
          Thank you so much that’s a huge help and great weight lifted of my mind i was just panicking a little as I didn’t want them to try and force me to sell my house as you know it is a huge worry, and I wasn’t sure what they would do next, I will write a letter now saying so that nothing has changed, thank you again

Comment

Originally posted by Esy2 View Post
            Hi all, wondered if you had any advice, I got a ccj from restons on the 30th may 2017 which I am paying back £50 every month without fail, the judge ordered me to payback £40 and they also got a charging order on our house, and now they sent me this letter ( attached ) and they want me to fill in a financial statement which to me seems a bit in depth in to our personal life I feel its a bit too much, I get the feeling that they are poking there nose possibly to force us in to selling our house to pay the debt back quicker, they said if I don't reply they going to take legal action but I don't see how as I already have a ccj and im paying it back, never missed a payment just wondered what to do should I just fill it in, can they force it, thanks any advice would be gratefully received.

Hi all hope everyone is ok, just an update wrote letter as suggested on the 15th march not heard anything back from them since i sent it, so hopefully good news and they have buggered off thank you gratefully for your advice as it was a huge help

Comment

Great ... if they do come back to you let us know ( and don't panic )
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Great ... if they do come back to you let us know ( and don't panic )
                Thank you so much you have been a huge help, i will do,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X