• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCj Claim from Mortimer for Cabot No letters received How I stop this !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No need to include anything about the SAR in the defence...

Originally posted by starting point

1.The Defendant received the claim [Claim Number] from the [Name of Court – often Northampton or Salford] County Court on [Date you received the claim]

2.Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3.This claim is alleged to be for a Lloyds Bank Credit Card agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4.On the [Date in APRIL ] The Defendant sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to [Claimant] pursuant to section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.

5. The Claimant failed to comply with the request.

6. The Defendant received a formal letter of claim on or around xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and responded pursuant to the pre-action protocols for debt claims stating they did not know if they owe the debt and requesting further information being copies of documents; agreement, default notice, statements of account, notice of assignment.

6. The Defendant did not hear from the Claimant after requesting a copy of the documents until receipt of the claim form, contrary to the Pre-Action protocols for Debt Claims.

5. The Defendant further sent a formal request on [Date] after receipt of the claim in this case.

6.The Claimant has acknowledged in writing that the original Creditor, Lloyds Bank, is unable to produce any copy of the alleged agreement and accepts the debt is unenforceable.

7.The Claimant has failed to comply with s 78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s 78 (6) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

8.It is denied that [Original Creditor] served any Default notice on the Defendant pursuant to s87 Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon the Defendant. The Claimant is required to prove that the any Default notice relied upon complied with the requirements of s88(4A) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and that the notice was in the prescribed form as required by The Consumer Credit Enforcement Default and Termination Notice Regulations 1983.

9.Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) Where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore, it is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.

10. The Parties agreed to an extension to the time period allowed for filing of the defence under CPR 15.5 to allow the Claimants additional time to produce the relevant documentation to evidence their claim, however they have failed to do so. Considering the Defendant has been requesting more information relating to the Claimant's assertion that a debt is owed since April 2018 and has been more than reasonable in allowing the Claimant additional time to provide documents, the Defendant respectifully requests the court strike out the claim.

8. Therefore it is the Defendants contention that the claim should be struck out as having no prospect of success.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks so much. I have just received a letter from Cabot stating your account was with our solicitors and we have decided not to pursue legal action on your account at this time. Your balance still needs to be paid. We would like to help help with a monkey plan or discount.

Does this mean I still need to file a defence. ? Does this mean they have cancelled the CCJ application. Sorry to act so dumb.

Comment

I would still get your defence in and carry on until/if you receive a notice of discontinuance - not that I don't trust them - it's just a case of left hand knowing ( or not ) what right hand is doing, and you're protected against an 'accidental' judgment in default if your defence is in play. Sounds positive though xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Will file defence tonight. If upheld do I have to pay this debt ?

Comment

If the claimant respond to the defence to say they want to proceed, the case is allocated to your local court, they pay the hearing fee, witness statements and evidence are exchanged, directions followed, they attend the hearing and win their case, then yes, you will have to pay the debt. Long way to go and it sounds like they might be backing out anyway .... After you put the defence in the claimant has 28 days to respond to it, so lets go a step at a time xxx
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi I have just logged on to file my defence and I cannot access resepond to claim..unsure why not, but noticed this is on the account

Notification that the claim against you was discontinued was received on 05/02/2019 at 19:07:25 This was under the transactions section.

Does this mean the application has been cancelled ? Is this why I cannot access the respond to claim section.

Looking for some help on this. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by seaweed99 View Post
                Hi I have just logged on to file my defence and I cannot access resepond to claim..unsure why not, but noticed this is on the account

Notification that the claim against you was discontinued was received on 05/02/2019 at 19:07:25 This was under the transactions section.

Does this mean the application has been cancelled ?

Is this why I cannot access the respond to claim section.

Looking for some help on this. Thanks
                Looks like the claim has been cancelled (discontinued) to me.
                Probably why you can't respond.
                If it were me I'd phone CCBC first thing Monday to confirm.

Amethyst
                Last edited by charitynjw; 23rd February 2019, 19:29:PM.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

They should serve of notice of discontinuance on you but looks like they haven't bothered.... ahh well, you win for now - but be aware as they discontinued before you filed a defence they could try again if they locate the agreement ( limitations act allowing )! Annoying they discontinued before your original defence due date too, guessing they didn't want to wait to Discontinue after you filed defence. See what court say to confirm .... its good news though xxxx
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X