• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons ask me to withdraw defence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, when did you first receive the documents they have included with the letter ? ( ie the response to the CCA request ) and did you go back to them at all regarding what they had sent at that time?

The original agreement is from 2008. Doesn't seem to be any date on the copy the have provided.... although it refers to a document called 'OTHER TERMS' a couple times, presumably that is what the teeny illegible copy is supposed to be? With the letter they originally sent with the documents was their any explanation as to what was included ?

There's no default notice, termination notice, notice of assignment ?? the terms are incomplete and mostly illegible ..... unfortunately the whole of the legible document isn't there - does it contain a signature area at all ?

Any sign of ROP/PPI on the account?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi all,
      Now I am really confused!
      :Received a letter from Cabot this morning, amending the amount owed: an additional £80 for "LEGAL BAL ADJSMT) and £185 for "legal fees" and requesting full payment. Restons asked me to withdraw my defence within 14 days and I only received their letter 6 days ago!?
      Any advice is hugely appreciated

Comment

Can you do a pic of the letter?

Is it definately the same account?

Also can you answer questions in post 16 pls xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I sent the CCA request in May 2017. I had no response until June 2018 when Restons sent a ‘phishing’ letter asking for a breakdown of my finances. I wrote to Cabot again in July restating my request. Later that month they sent that generic list of purchases, the unreadable page of print and the generic credit agreement; there isn’t anything with any signature and nothing came with the docs other than the cover page saying that they have enclosed ‘the requested information’.

ROP?PPI?
          I’ve attached a photo of the letter from Cabot today, I haven’t heard from Restons since their letter 6 days ago
          Attached Files

Comment

Any ideas on how I should proceed?
            Thanks in advance

Comment

blurred copy

Comment

Card protection / payment protection insurances being paid each month.

Do you want to email me full size img as can't quite make out text on the letter ( admin@legalbeagles.info )
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks, I've uploaded a clearer image
                  I don't see any insurance payments just billed deferred fiancé charges, billed finance charges, merchandise interest and alike
                  Attached Files

Comment

Okay that looks like a standard annual statement. How much is the total claim inc legal fees etc on the claim form ?

#staysafestayhome

Comment

They now want £3,770 which is more than they have filed a claim for.
                      How does this affect my defence? How should I reply to Restons asking me to withdraw it? Should I reply to Cabot at all?
                      Sorry for so many questions but I really am out of my depth here and don't know how to proceed, on any front!
                      Thanks in advance

Comment

How much is the claim for ( and the breakdown please - the debt, legal fees, interest, court fee )
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks for your reply

Amount claimed: 3,505.85
                          court fee: 185
                          legal representative cost: 80
                          Total: 3770

Comment

Same as the letter then Yes it's just annual statement. If they discontinue or get struck out those figures should be removed again.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay, so you want to respond to their letter to say no you're not withdrawing your defence and re requesting the documents ... will put something together.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Will do, thanks again for all your help.
                                I'll come back to you when I've had a reply

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X