• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stalling ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stalling ?

What is A Q ?
    Originally posted by des8 View Post
    That refers to the "claim form", which he received as he lodged a defence.

He missed the court hearing, and is claiming the reason is that he had not received the AQ.
    He has to convince the judge that he is telling the truth, and that he has a chance of winning the case if it is reheard.
    When you write to the court do so in the form of a witness statement, and enclose your evidence opposing his application.
    You may need to show the original judgement was sound ie your claim was good
    You dealt with the individual and did not contract with a (now dissolved) company
    That the reason for he application is unsound i.e. although the defendant may not have received documentation directly from the court, he had received from you (your WS etc) and a prudent person would have followed this up with an enquiry to the court

Comment

Allocation questionnaire.
      After the AQ is sent back the court is allocated etc etc.
      Perhaps he got the AQ but not the next set of directions

Comment

Hi guy's ,Just won my court case again following the defendants application to have the order set aside ,He said it was not a good enough excuse to say he failed to get the letter containing the court date ,and if he did overturn it ,he would still not have won on the evidence he was going to supply ,He said he is now going to seek proper legal advice ,more fool him ,Am i right now in saying i can send in the HCEO ,,,,Thanks again for all the advice you all gave me ....

Comment

Well done!

His "proper legal advice" should have been sought at the beginning, and should imo now tell him to pay up before the HCEOs visit.
          I would now release the dogs (oops HCEOs) to recoup your dues.

Comment

Thank will do ,i just have to wait for the updated letter from the court as they awarded me extra for petrol and parking ,he wasn't happy i tell you ,lol.

Comment

PMSL , thanks!

Comment

And so it goes on ,Just had the updated Judgement of order along with an Application to vary an order ,In other words the defendant has accepted he owe's me the money but only want's to pay me back at the rate of £10 pw ,Because he cannot afford more ,which will take over 6 year's to pay me ,I have 16 days to reply, As he took full payment for the bike should i just tell the court i want full payment ? ,I am open to advice again from you guy's ,As this all started in Year 2014 it will not be resolved until Year 2022 ,I am so stressed out by this person ,I just want to send in the HCEO,and have done with it .

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyboy View Post
                  And so it goes on ,Just had the updated Judgement of order along with an Application to vary an order ,In other words the defendant has accepted he owe's me the money but only want's to pay me back at the rate of £10 pw ,Because he cannot afford more ,which will take over 6 year's to pay me ,I have 16 days to reply, As he took full payment for the bike should i just tell the court i want full payment ? ,I am open to advice again from you guy's ,As this all started in Year 2014 it will not be resolved until Year 2022 ,I am so stressed out by this person ,I just want to send in the HCEO,and have done with it .
                  Is the defendant employed?
                  Have you seen his Income & Expenditure statement?

If employed an attachment of order (AEO) could be served so the employer deducts payments.

What knowledge of his circumstances/ assets do you have?

There is a system for checking on finances, An Order to Attend for Questioning where debtor is ordered to appear before an officer of the court and most show all financial details under oath.

If the debtor does not attend a warrant for arrest for contempt can be issued.

nem

Comment

Thanks for the reply nem ,I do know he has an house worth around £300,000, he has 3 vehicles on the drive to the double garage ,he ran 3 businesses ,and still runs an online ebay shop , he has admitted he works as an electricians mate as a labourer ,the guy is a total Liar ,he paid another £155 to try and have the original order overturned ,and now he says his wife has paid the £50 to have this order varied ,His Lies know no bounds believe me ,i have known him for around 17 years ,, i just want paying and put an end to this nightmare .And i have seen his expenditure statement ,£200pm for gas £160 pm for electric ,and 4 credit cards ,,
                    Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                    Is the defendant employed?
                    Have you seen his Income & Expenditure statement?

If employed an attachment of order (AEO) could be served so the employer deducts payments.

What knowledge of his circumstances/ assets do you have?

There is a system for checking on finances, An Order to Attend for Questioning where debtor is ordered to appear before an officer of the court and most show all financial details under oath.

If the debtor does not attend a warrant for arrest for contempt can be issued.

nem

Comment

• Re: Stalling ?

Originally posted by mickeyboy View Post
                      Thanks for the reply nem ,I do know he has an house worth around £300,000, he has 3 vehicles on the drive to the double garage ,he ran 3 businesses ,and still runs an online ebay shop , he has admitted he works as an electricians mate as a labourer ,the guy is a total Liar ,he paid another £155 to try and have the original order overturned ,and now he says his wife has paid the £50 to have this order varied ,His Lies know no bounds believe me ,i have known him for around 17 years ,, i just want paying and put an end to this nightmare .And i have seen his expenditure statement ,£200pm for gas £160 pm for electric ,and 4 credit cards ,,
                      Hello Mickey ,
                      My feeling is t go for an order to attend for questioning to lie on this would be stupid.
                      If you don't like the idea of that go to the high court!

nem

Comment

HCEO time this pee take from someone who by allmeans has the ability to pay should stop now

Comment

Just been speaking to the Hceo and they tell me to inform the court of what i will accept as payment ,be it money pm or the amount in full ,then another court date will be set for the judge to intervene and set the amount ,,,
                          Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                          Hello Mickey ,
                          My feeling is t go for an order to attend for questioning to lie on this would be stupid.
                          If you don't like the idea of that go to the high court!

nem

Comment

The defendant appears to be completely amoral.
                            He knows how to work the system to his advantage, regardless of what he owes.
                            I suspect you will be going for payment in full, collection via HCEO if necessary

Comment

How can i go ahead if he has applied for a suspension of a warrant and/or variation of an order ? I have to reply to the court within 16 days ,i would like this to be over asap , i would love to send them in today ..
                              Originally posted by des8 View Post
                              The defendant appears to be completely amoral.
                              He knows how to work the system to his advantage, regardless of what he owes.
                              I suspect you will be going for payment in full, collection via HCEO if necessary

Comment

Has he mentioned his eBay shop on his application form.
                                I wonder how well that is going.
                                You can get an idea of turn over from his received feedback.
                                Have you checked to see if he is telling the truth about being an electricians mate?
                                In his defence he claimed to be working for another business.... I'm not sure that is how I would describe his currently claimed business.
                                Might be worth a nose around social media and linkedin etc

Try and throw a question mark over his veracity.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X