• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Challenging a General Dental Council Decision via a Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Challenging a General Dental Council Decision via a Court

Originally posted by stevemLS View Post
    I'm not clever enough to do multiple quotes.

I have come across your condition a couple of times before.

I has been dealt with as a MDT issue dealt with by the GP co-ordinating dental, acute, psychological and other services (psychological services always have a role on long term management, (it carries no negative aspirations).

I have never seen it ranked as a disability but this must be regarded on a case by case basis.

Unless the behaviour of your dentist has been poor, i see nothing to do with the GDC, they essentially do primary care - this is tertiary it is about securing the right treatment for you, which in your case is especially for you.

So, I fear your dire (and I understand this condition can be very distressing) )to be directed at the wrong place. It is a rare conditioners and you cannot expect everyone to be familiar with it.

Your GP needs, in conjunction with the CCG, to identify what is necessary to treat it as far as it can be.

It isn't direction through the legal system it seems to me, rather through the NHS!

That latter from NHSE extract is horseshoe, but they are not respecters of their statutory obligations until forcefully reminded of them..

Hope that helps a little - get some rest.
    I think considered alone it probably doesn't amount to a disability (which is probably why the dentist in question was happy to try his luck).

I've been to see one of the country's top experts on this issue through the NHS - still no luck and just sent to a 'pain management clinic'. I have been subject to many mistakes in dentistry hence the reason I take what they say with a pinch of salt.

Unfortunately NHS 'reminders' cost patients serious money with little promise of success which a lot of them simply can't afford as in my case. I'm currently unemployed due to the disabilities in question.

Comment

In which case, I am afraid, my view is that you seek a clinical solution rather than a legal one.

I know it is a "mystery" condition and I can imagine both of you, dentist and patient, becoming frustrated by it. If some of that appeared to you discriminatory by the dentist, or if it was, that is a shame. Pursuing legally this dentist or the GDC is not going to make you feel any better.

I wish you well and hope all that can be done to help you is done.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemLS View Post
        In which case, I am afraid, my view is that you seek a clinical solution rather than a legal one.

I know it is a "mystery" condition and I can imagine both of you, dentist and patient, becoming frustrated by it. If some of that appeared to you discriminatory by the dentist, or if it was, that is a shame. Pursuing legally this dentist or the GDC is not going to make you feel any better.

I wish you well and hope all that can be done to help you is done.
        I understand your perspective StevemLS and certainly respect it. It is not easy to swallow though and I think the GDC need a bit of a wakeup call as there is certainly a public protection issue albeit in my mere opinion.

I am concerned the Professional Standards Authority have fed me more nonsense too. The have powers under Section 29 of the National Health Service Reform and Health Care Professions Act 2002. They argue Section 29 only applies to 'final stage' decisions (i.e. decisions made by a panel at a hearing) which, on the face, doesn't seem to be the case. Did I miss something or is there more nonsense brewing?

Comment

I must say having suffered " trigeminal neuralgia myself in the past I have never heard this condition described as disability, injury to, inflammation of a facial nerve that arises from " 3 roots", painful sometimes agonising can be associated with Bells Palsy I would query " disabling".

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
            I must say having suffered " trigeminal neuralgia myself in the past I have never heard this condition described as disability, injury to, inflammation of a facial nerve that arises from " 3 roots", painful sometimes agonising can be associated with Bells Palsy I would query " disabling".
            nem
            Different conditions affect different people differently as already suggested on this thread hence the reason why the Equality Act does not focus on cause but on effect.

Comment

I just came across the following link:

http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/__data/a...eb-version.pdf

Seems the Ombudsman has indeed told me utter rubbish, more than once, when it comes to their role on these issues. Very worrying...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X