• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The sheriffs are coming!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sheriffs are coming!

Being serious though, I have Sheriffs going in a few days time, I phoned the Sheriffs
    office, to ask 'Do they do any homework' on company that are being claimed against?
    i have had a situation going on since last year, I had bailiffs go in, only to then be told
    'They could not carry out the claim' as Entity of company name was incorrect,
    i was fuming so near and have the rug pulled from under me, the company in question
    though had answered the claim in the first place, then ignored the next stage, hence
    getting the bailiffs to go in. I then reissued the claim choosing this time sheriffs to act for me, as I have seen Bailiffs ' Don't tend to make a big effort as they are salaried'?
    i am only quoting what I have 'Read' so I'm told that Sheriffs work much better?
    Im just hoping they do checking up as I have had a year to do, but of course when I spoke to there office, ' They are working on my instruction' all though they issue their own Enforcement notice to the debtor, this makes me more annoyed as the debtor has EVEN more time to hide or get rid of assets, which I find very unfair. Seems to me as if the rights of ordinary people are being deliberately undermined as who can afford expensive solicitors fees I was quoted £250 plus vat!! Per hour it's nigh on impossible to get reasonable help for a genuine reason so it's a case of plodding along and persevering.
    i don't see why I should be paying for their fuel to run their expensive cars.
    Tags: None

Re: The sheriffs are coming!

Just because you have a Judgment against someone is no guarantee you will ever get paid. enforcing at residential addresses produces very variable results as if no answer or entry gained probably will result in nothing being paid, whereas at a business there can be more choice. Since the change in Regulations last year HCEO's now have to send a Notice of Enforcement first giving the debtor an opportunity to pay or get in touch to make a payment proposal. When the Writ is obtained it also means the debtors goods are bound and cannot be sold, transferred or otherwise disposed of, those that are can be reversed.

Comment

Re: The sheriffs are coming!

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
      Just because you have a Judgment against someone is no guarantee you will ever get paid. enforcing at residential addresses produces very variable results as if no answer or entry gained probably will result in nothing being paid, whereas at a business there can be more choice. Since the change in Regulations last year HCEO's now have to send a Notice of Enforcement first giving the debtor an opportunity to pay or get in touch to make a payment proposal. When the Writ is obtained it also means the debtors goods are bound and cannot be sold, transferred or otherwise disposed of, those that are can be reversed.

Thanks Ploddertom,,
      In my Case it is a company, the last paragraph you quoted is very helpful, so at the point of company sending their
      enforcement notice, their assets are : secured:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X