• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

amending particulars hearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amending particulars hearing

Hi

We have an ongoing dispute with our neighbours regarding damage caused by their building work.

2 years later we filed a claim against them. The defense stated we didn't pled a recognise cause of action and they wanted the claim to be struck out or have the judge order that we amend our particulars of claim so they are "fuller and better".

We decided to amend our particulars of claim via permission of the court with a hearing.

A hearing date was set. 1 week before the hearing the defendant solicitor has contacted us stating that the defendant would agree to the amendments but only if we pay the defendants cost to amend the defence.

1. The defendant wanted the particulars of claim amended if not struck out.

2. The defence stated the only facts the rely upon are... Building work was done, we spoke with them before and after completion of the works, they requested evidence, we took them to court.

For 3 year we have been trying to find out what part of this whole issue they don't agree with other that all of it, the response to the letter before action only stated they deny everything and will be getting their own surveyor to do a report.

Also could anybody advise and what happens at an amendment hearing amd how to prepair.

Thankyou
    Tags: None

Please read CPR 17 and especially Practice Direction 17 - Amendments to Statements of Case
    First para in PD 17
    "A party applying for an amendment will usually be responsible for the costs of and arising from the amendment"
    The solicitor is asking for his costs to amend the defence, following that rule

How much the defendant has to amend the defence depends on the extent of your alterations to the claim.

If you haven't already sent the court a copy of your amended statement of case, the judge may want to discuss it and give orders how the particulars of claim should be amended (see PD 17) and set a time limit

Comment

Thanks for the reply Pezza54 , I've had a look at PD 17, I was a little confused because the Defence only served to attack the layout/format of my original particulars of claim, with little mention to the claim its self and requesting I amend my particulars.

I've requested to changed the layout and provided 'better and fuller' particulars in the hopes of moving things along with the Defendant. I think I'll just wait until I am ordered next time.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X