• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Online Money Claims "STAY LIFTED" claim for £64K

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Money Claims "STAY LIFTED" claim for £64K

I made a money claim online in April 2024 for a debt of £64k paying a court fee of £3200, the defendant has made a part admission of £56k to be repaid in monthly payments. I had to admit to the repayment of 56K but did not agree to the installment payments, I am desperate to get back whatever is possible, here is a copy of the timeline from the online claims account. Since the case was lifted in July I have not had any updates or letters from the Court it's been over 3 months now.

Can anyone help me with what I need to do or who I can go to to get an update cannot see contact details for the bulk processing center in Northampton (CNBC)

xxxxx filed a part admission on 13/05/2024

Case Stay Lifted on 06/06/2024

Case Stay Lifted on 01/07/2024

Tags: None

Hi
    Welcome to LB
    Please read "Step 6 - Judgement Details" of the government user guide for money claims online
    If the claimant requests judgement by acceptance this must be for the installments offered by the defendant. If the claimant does not accept the defendant's offer, then the claimant cannot request judgement online

Steps 7 and 8: A request cannot be altered once it has been submitted

"Manual Judgement Requests"
    If the defendant has made an offer of payment that the claimant does not accept, the claimant can request manual judgement by filing form N225 or N225A. Doing this will prevent the claimant from taking any further action on the claim online

How does the guidance procedure tally with the steps you took?

Comment

Originally posted by Pezza54 View Post
      Hi
      Welcome to LB
      Please read "Step 6 - Judgement Details" of the government user guide for money claims online
      If the claimant requests judgement by acceptance this must be for the installments offered by the defendant. If the claimant does not accept the defendant's offer, then the claimant cannot request judgment online

Steps 7 and 8: A request cannot be altered once it has been submitted

"Manual Judgement Requests"
      If the defendant has made an offer of payment that the claimant does not accept, the claimant can request manual judgement by filing form N225 or N225A. Doing this will prevent the claimant from taking any further action on the claim online

How does the guidance procedure tally with the steps you took?
      Thank you for the response, I did receive N225A from CNBC. I responded as below:
      B: I accept the amount admitted by the defendant satisfaction of my claim.
      and I do not accept the defendant's proposal of payment.
      My response was by filling in the forms sent from CNBC it was after that the update online stated Case stay lifted.
      That was in July 2024. Got no correspondence since then.
      Am I doing this wrong?

Will a solicitor be able to take up my case?

Comment

Provided you completed Part D and told the court how you wanted payment, signed and dated the form, it does not appear you have done anything wrong.
        You shouldn't need a solicitor, just need to be patient. The stay has been lifted so the court has received the form.
        The court will want to check that the defendant can afford to pay what you have asked

Comment

On the civil business centre performance information the target time is 33 days to start processing a manual request for judgement

"The wheels of justice turn slowly but the grinding is exceedingly smooth"
          Last edited by Pezza54; 1st September 2024, 14:12:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X