• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Possession proceedings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possession proceedings

Hi there! Has anyone got any experience dealing with Bristol County Court? I have just submitted my forms and bundle to the Bristol county court email yesterday to submit a new claim for possession proceedings of a rental property i own. Does anyone know how to pay the court fee for this? I have not received any reply back from them yet or even got a claim number yet. i got a automated email when I sent the claims forms that my email has been received, Any advice on what to do now? or how long is a acceptable time to wait. I did try to call them and it was a bunch of automated voice notes and a 99th person in queue! Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Hi
    Welcome to LB
    It is normal for the claimant to provide a phone number so the court can contact the claimant and take credit or debit card details.
    You could email again with your phone number and if necessary provide court staff with a convenient time slot

Comment

FFS, are courts still expecting payment over the phone when one of the biggest complaints going is that you cannot even get through on the phone lines?

Some courts only have one person manning the enquiries number from 9:30am to 4pm. You literally cannot get through. And the alternative is.... Cheque or Postal Order.

Do allow for a minimum 20 day turnaround between the court deciding to contact you by post to make a payment, their letter being sent unrecorded, it arriving, you having even used a cheque book or postal order in the last 30 years, you posting it, and it actually getting processed after arriving.

​​​​​​But that's often the better option after phoning the court 50 times and eventually getting through. And as insecure as it is, it's still more secure than payment over an INBOUND phone call.
      ​​​
      Have HMCTS never heard of number spoofing? My bank has been advising customers not to make payments over inbound phone calls even if the customer thought the number was from the bank and looked genuine... For almost twenty years.

Litigants out of county should have access to payment by app or secure messaging, or bacs. You know. Modern, approved, secure payment methods. Not this "don't you know we're still stuck in the 1950s" lunacy.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X