• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What time scale do I have to bring litigation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What time scale do I have to bring litigation?

[Ombudsman takes a year, if lucky to make a decision....and so I will try the court route]

Is this the civil process:
    I give the organisation - who made a catalog of mistakes - all of my complaints in one letter / list - with them 14 days to answer;
    Then I go to the court and fill out the forms, take in all the paperwork ... and my witness statement?

Do I have to ask the organisation for the witness statements or will the court do this?

Thanks for your advice in advance
    Tags: None

The Court should be the last resort, the Court would expect you to have tried everything first before you start a claim.

Comment

I am quite surorised that you state a time scale of one year, I placed a complaint against Virginmedia, I was appointed a negotiator within 14 days, and had a resolution within 6 weeks. much quicker that court and cost nothing

Comment

Originally posted by tesla6518 View Post
        I am quite surorised that you state a time scale of one year, I placed a complaint against Virginmedia, I was appointed a negotiator within 14 days, and had a resolution within 6 weeks. much quicker that court and cost nothing
        All ombudsman are different; due to covid the health ombudsman has a huge backlog of cases
        eg patients, or relatives of diseased ....elderly people homes, vaccine related, covid linked disabilities. etc
        Last edited by girlatwork10; 5th February 2024, 21:27:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
          The Court should be the last resort, the Court would expect you to have tried everything first before you start a claim.
          I can assure you. when Donald Trump sues folk in Scotland, or anywhere, he does not go through the ombudsman, he could wait a v long time ....

if the complainant has made the complaint to the org. and they wont concede their fault (and s/he does not have to accept their any low bar offer of damages either) - that's good enough for the judge, enough to take legal action; people have the right to choose their own path
          Last edited by girlatwork10; 5th February 2024, 21:34:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by girlatwork10 View Post

I can assure you. when Donald Trump sues folk in Scotland, or anywhere, he does not go through the ombudsman, he could wait a v long time ....

if the complainant has made the complaint to the org. and they wont concede their fault (and s/he does not have to accept their any low bar offer of damages either) - that's good enough for the judge, enough to take legal action; people have the right to choose their own path
            Trump has the money to pay costs if he loses, jJoe Public doesn't. He's recently been told by a Court to pay damages of $88m, that's not going to be a problem for him.

When the organisation during the case goes through their resolution process, the Ombudsman will come up, no doubt the Judge will know about the Ombudsman.

I know far too much about the Services Ombudsman.

Comment

The PHSO / ombudsman asks on the complainants form, ''have you taken, or began legal action against X? [when is the hearing?]''. If it's in the affirmative PHSO wont accept it.

You do have to make a complaint of course to the organisation doing wrong. If they ignore or uphold your complaint you can go to court .... e.g., to get higher damages

Ombudsman service is poor in my experience, especially for housing, they lean toward the landlord and govt.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X