• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Waiting for judgment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for judgment

I submitted a claim using MCOL.
    The defendant had until Jan 2 to respond to the claim.
    He did not respond in that time and on Jan 3 I was offered the option to request judgment, which I did.
    We are almost three weeks out from that now and we have not heard anything (I gather this will be by post rather than online).
    Is it normal that it would take this long?
    Would be so grateful for any perspective that might help with setting expectations.
    Many thanks!
    Tags: None

Do not expect speed or efficiency from a government (under)funded service.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

On line you should see Request Judgment
      Judgments entered electronically against this claim (most recent at the top)

You should have got, by post, a "Notice of Judgment Entered".

You will have to telephone MCOL and ask it to send you a copy of the judgment itself.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
        Nothing at all by post and the website says:
        County Court Judgment (CCJ) requested

We’ll process your request and post a copy of the judgment to you and to XXXXXXXXX. We aim to process this request as soon as possible.

Please do not call the Court and Tribunal Service Centre (CTSC) about the progress of your request.

Your online account will not be updated with the progress of this claim and any further updates will be by post.

XXXXXXXXX can no longer respond to your claim online.

----------------------------

I'll give them a call tomorrow but I get the impression the phoneline is for help using the service rather than information on specific cases...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X