• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

is it possible to reopen or appeal a case with new evidence?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it possible to reopen or appeal a case with new evidence?

I made a claim by tribunal against a company for breaching the lease covenants. I believed the Landlord Company had allowed on one occasion a breach or a vary of a lease contract without the consent of all the lease owners in the block. I was told by lease advice that changing the lease, even as an exception would require the approval of all those having the same lease. in the end it came down to whether the meeting had discussed or voted on all of the relevant terms of the lease schedule, or whether they had excluded some for the purpose of getting all of the managers to sign a Form LL type certificate stating that all of the covenants of the lease had dealt with and provided. At the hearing I could not show any proof that the vote had considers only some or all of the necessary points. and I lost the case.
    Nearly a year later I have discovered proof that the meeting had in fact for whatever reason excluded a necessary factor required for the vote to waive the clause. My belief is that the Landlords knew that by including these missing points would trigger a requirement for the general approval of all members, not just a majority of the board. I think I am way past the date to appeal the decision as it has been about 10 months since the trial. Do I have any options that can overturn or revisit the original judgement?
    Last edited by nobones; 9th December 2023, 12:03:PM.
    Tags: None

Hi all, I am the claimant and have taken my ex landlord to small claims court. He has not filed a DQ and therefore tge case has been struck out. This has taken a lot longer than usual as the court have had a backlog. My question is I will now go to judgment however he hasn't admitted anything so would it be judgment by default. I apologise if this sounds silly and rather obvious but I don't want to make a mistake. The sum in question is around £3,500 for failure to give back my deposit when I left the commercial property. Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X