• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court warrant against a company registered at a residential property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• des8
    replied
    wording maybe something like this (1902 wording taken from my register):

"...shall not nor will at any time hereafter carry on or permit or suffer to be carried on in the said messauge and buildings or in any such buildings to be hereafter erected as aforesaid any trade business or manufacture of any kind or nature whatsoever."

Leave a comment:

• Slicster1
    replied
    Thank you both - I’ve obtained the register and it was not purchased in the company name however I cannot see a covenant forbidding the running of a business, what would the wording be for that?

Leave a comment:

• des8
    replied
    While your looking at Land Registry see if there is a covenant forbidding the running of a business from the premises.

Leave a comment:

• islandgirl
    replied
    You can get the company info here: https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...ompanies-house

Leave a comment:

• Slicster1
    replied
    Thanks for the help, I’ll take a look on land reg tonight - what are my options if the property is not in the company name?

how do I check company accounts? (sorry I’m new to all this legal stuff)

Leave a comment:

• des8
    replied
    If the company own the property then a charge can be placed over the company’s beneficial interest in it.
    Won't mean you obtain immediate payment but it gives hope for eventual recovery
    Check ownership on Land Registry site for £3 (https://www.gov.uk/search-property-i...-land-registry)

Check their company accounts to see if the company assets include any vehicles (or other assets likely to be outside the property)

Leave a comment:

• echat11
    replied
    Hi Slicster

des8 Can you please take a look and advise, thank you.

Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X