• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim against company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You said in post 1 they " " ignored several points in [your] particulars of claim"
    You now say post 15 "Well they haven't ignored several points"

Just don't contradict yourself at the hearing.;

They have actually made 2 applications, one for summary judgment as per CPR 24 and the other for Strike out as per CPR3.4
    Very often made together as an either or application.
    If it is an abuse of process the judge will likely note it.
    Concentrate on your defence of the applications, and progressing your own claim

Comment

Thank you. They have also filed a defence at the same time. Do I have to fill in the directions questionnaire as normal?

Comment

Yes, you ignore court instructions/directions at your peril!

Comment

So I sent in my witness statement by email and asked for it to be filed and the court have emailed back saying that
          "Unfortunately a judge cannot be influenced in regards to what should or should not be considered when making a decision, though all decisions are made by following a consistent and fair process. If it is felt that further information is required, the judge would request it from either party".

I don't get what's going on here? I thought I was supposed to respond to the application notice?

Comment

So did I ! But the response is now in.

What grounds were put forward supporting the strike out application?

Tagging R0b as he is more au fait than I with such procedural matters

Comment

The grounds were that I have no reasonable prospect of winning

Comment

Suggest you write back to the court and point out to them that you have a right to file written evidence opposing summary judgment and that right can be found under rule 25.4(1) of the CPR. I would also ask them to confirm by email that they will now put your witness statement on file or if not, a detailed explanation why not. If you don't receive a satisfactory response then you will have to consider issuing proceedings against the court directly for their procedural failure to comply with the CPR but also they have breached your human rights contrary to Article 6 of the Human Rights Act 1998 (a right to a fair trial) in allowing the Applicant to file written evidence but denying you (as the respondent) an opportunity to do the same.

Something like that might give them a kick up the backside, providing you put it in a polite but firm tone.

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thank you very much, what part of cpr 25.4 says this? All I see is the below :
                  Application for an interim remedy where there is no related claim

(1) This rule applies where a party wishes to apply for an interim remedy but –

(a) the remedy is sought in relation to proceedings which are taking place, or will take place, outside the jurisdiction; or

(b) the application is made under section 33 of the Supreme Court Act 1981 or section 52 of the County Courts Act 1984 (order for disclosure, inspection etc. before commencement) before a claim has been commenced

Comment

Sorry, I meant 24.5(1) as per below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-06-10 at 00.21.26.png
Views:	1
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	1579989
                    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

So I sent the above to them and they sent the following :

Unfortunately, we cannot accept written evidence opposing summary judgment for the following reasons...

> At this stage in the claim we do not accept additonal evidence as we do not have the means to file it. This is because we are not legally trained to do anything with the evidence that you send in.

>Once the case is transferred to the local court you will then be able to submit your additional evidence.

Comment

Sorry guys, any ideas what to do next?

Comment

Seems a little suspect to me, but just wait until the case has been transferred to a court and then email it directly to that court hearing the application.
                          LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

I would have thought you could have mentioned something in the directions questionaire but once summary judgment requested I understand everything stops till the hearing where you should be able to put your side accross. That said currently in court proceedings and my evidence is unequivocal. Yes I asked my barrister about going for summary judgment apart from cost depending on situations 5-15k if defended. If the person applying for summary judgement loses they will pay both sides cost. My barrister said it's a high risk strategy as judges rarely give a judgment and lean more towards a fair trial

Comment

Hi all, I now have a hearing date for the Defendant's strikeout application. There is nothing on the court order about disclosure. Does this happen for application hearings? Surely if the judge is deciding on whether the case should be dismissed then all the evidence should be presented? How do I get request the documents I need from the Defendant?

Comment

Sorry guys, any ideas about the above?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X