• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Taking letting agent to court

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Taking letting agent to court

    Hi all
    bit of a story with this case so il keep it short

    Around 2 years ago my brother got arrested and then remanded
    I spoke to the letting agent on the Saturday about getting his stuff out of his flat once I got a letter of authorisation which he agreed to

    on the Tuesday I went round to check the flat was all OK and I noticed throu the window that the whole flat had been emptied
    when I confronted the letting agent he said that thir had been a burglary and the thief's took everything including the bed sofa plates ect basically everything he owned
    one minute it had been reported the next it had not so I reported it and police confirmed no one else had reported it 0 ( pics of door and frame showed no damage)

    the police have also not looked in and never went and saw a witness who saw the letting agent with a man and van clearing the flat out so is it possible to bring a claim against them as well as the letting agent

    my brother is out this week so I need to start getting ready to take this to court but I have no idea where to start

    all the conversation was recorded and uploaded to YouTube
    is it OK to put a link to it as it will show what happened and the lies I was told
    we can't afford a solicitor so got to do it ourselves and the lady from shelter who was going to take action for illegal eviction ect is on maternity leave and the new lady covering for her is not interested even thou I got told we had a rock solid case

    any help much appreciated
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


1 of 3 < >

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

2 of 3 < >


Pre-Action Letters
First Steps
Check dates
Acknowledge Claim
CCA Request
CPR 31.14 Request
Subject Access Request Letter
Example Defence
Set Aside Application
Witness Statements
Directions Questionnaire
Statute Barred Letter

If you received a court claim and would like some help and support dealing with it, please read the first steps and make a new thread in the forum with as much information as you can.

NOTE: If you receive a court claim note these dates in your calendar ...
Acknowledge Claim - within 14 days from Service

Defend Claim - within 28 days from Service (IF you acknowledged in time)

If you fail to Acknowledge the claim you may have a default judgment awarded against you, likewise, if you fail to enter your defence within 28 days from Service.

We now feature a number of specialist consumer credit debt solicitors on our sister site, JustBeagle.com
If your case is over £10,000 or particularly complex it may be worth a chat with a solicitor, often they will be able to help on a fixed fee or CFA (no win, no fee) basis.
3 of 3 < >

Need Formal Help?

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm