• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim outside of UK

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Claim outside of UK

    Hoping for some guidance.

    I'm really struggling to get my head around the order of things and guides seem to conflict with each other.

    Am I right in saying I need send completed N001(x3) and N510 and cheque to CCMCC in Salford?

    The court then seals the claim and serves it on the defendant (who is in the EU) and sends copy to me?


    Tags: None

  • #2
    Outside England, Wales will be outside courts jurisdiction


    • #3
      Rules for serving out of jurisdiction are here PRACTICE DIRECTION 6B SERVICE OUT OF THE JURISDICTION - Civil Procedure Rules (justice.gov.uk)

      I think the court seals the claim and returns it to the claimant for service.
      You may need to give some thought to the permitted methods of service in the Member State in which the defendant is located.

      If you were using the European small Claims Procedure the court would do the serving


      View our Terms and Conditions

      LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

      If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

      If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


      1 of 2 < >


      Pre-Action Letters
      First Steps
      Check dates
      Acknowledge Claim
      CCA Request
      CPR 31.14 Request
      Subject Access Request Letter
      Example Defence
      Set Aside Application
      Witness Statements
      Directions Questionnaire
      Statute Barred Letter

      If you received a court claim and would like some help and support dealing with it, please read the first steps and make a new thread in the forum with as much information as you can.

      NOTE: If you receive a court claim note these dates in your calendar ...
      Acknowledge Claim - within 14 days from Service

      Defend Claim - within 28 days from Service (IF you acknowledged in time)

      If you fail to Acknowledge the claim you may have a default judgment awarded against you, likewise, if you fail to enter your defence within 28 days from Service.

      We now feature a number of specialist consumer credit debt solicitors on our sister site, JustBeagle.com
      If your case is over £10,000 or particularly complex it may be worth a chat with a solicitor, often they will be able to help on a fixed fee or CFA (no win, no fee) basis.
      2 of 2 < >

      Need Formal Help?

      Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

      Find a Law Firm

      See more
      See less

      Court Claim ?

      Guides and Letters

      Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

      Find a Law Firm