• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Judgment debtor's N245 received from MCOL - options for the creditor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judgment debtor's N245 received from MCOL - options for the creditor?

Hello

I am secured a sealed judgment (CCJ) in response to a claim submitted through Money Claims Online (MCOL). CCJ amount to be paid is £2500 and requires the debtor to pay £200 per month from 7th Nov 2020. The judgment debtor has made an application to vary N245 an offered £20 a month. I know the debtor well and he is self employed, drives a new transit, takes two holidays a year and spends lots of time in the pubs with this g/f. I do not believe the debtors statement of fact as to income/expenditure. I plan to submit an Order To Provide Information (N316). I have 16 days to respond to the N245.

Questions I have:-
    1. The debtor has until 7th Nov to pay the first ordered payment of £200. Technically the debtor is not yet in default because today is 4th Nov , but will he be in default on 8th Nov if payment of £200 is not made - given that the court has provided me with a N245 Order to Vary.

2a. I plan to submit my N316 and payment to the **local** county court this week. How will this affect my response (Claimant's Response To N245) and the Order To Vary - if at all?
    2b. Is the court name - for purpose of recording on N316 - MCOL or my local court , given that the debtor will need to attend (skype) a hearing at a local court and not MCOL.

3. What additional questions should I ask on N316. Can I request 12 months bank statements [because he is self employed and not declaring his true income/expense], copies of loan agreements and current outstanding balances, copies of savings accounts, bank accounts, building society accounts?

3. Will the variation judgment be on hold until the N316 hearing has completed and information available?

4. If I reject any/the court variation , i.e. if they say debtor can only afford £20 per month, then is it true that the case will be transferred to a local court hearing and will this hearing take place only after the debtor has attended court to answer questions and answers recorded by the court officer?

5..As soon as/If/when the debtor is in default, I plan to transfer to the High Court for a writ of control.Is this a good idea at this time? How might the debtor suspend such enforcement?

6. When can i apply for a 3rd party debt order to freeze his bank/building society accounts?

Thank you in advance for your kind considerations and reply.
    Last edited by setdetnet; 4th November 2020, 12:31:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X