• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Adding failed Warrant fees to Judgment amount

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding failed Warrant fees to Judgment amount

Hi

I have had a Warrant recently returned as failed from the County Court. I have been advised that I can now apply to the County Court on an N244 to add the Warrant fee to the Judgment amount. This would make it over £600 allowing me to refer the case to the High Court.

Has anyone had any experience of doing this please and if so any advice on the appropriate N244 working would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

I'd be inclined to ask one of the HCEO companies for information on this, Why was it returned? If because they couldn't serve ir then what makes you think HCEO will be any better?

Comment

Thanks.

For clarity, the Warrant was served. The Bailiff also initially met with the Defendant, who promised to pay within 30-days. Further attempts at contact by the County Court Bailiff failed, to the point where the Bailiff has now returned the Warrant to the court as failed (after 12 months).

A local debt recovery company I got in touch with contacted someone they knew at the High Court who recommended adding the Warrant fees to the Judgment amount.

Hence my post on here.

Comment

If you wish to go down the aplication route then are you aware of how much that may cost you? Even though you have a CCJ against them as you are now finding out it is no guarantee you will ever get paid. In this case I would imagine a call to Court for questioning may be a better bet.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X