• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Small claims. Debtors had a bar put in place

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small claims. Debtors had a bar put in place

Hi

i took some one to small claims and won by default as the debtor didn’t respond , got the judgement then got it enforced. Was told by court she had until 12/10 or bailiffs would visit and, true to type, she didn’t respond so it appears the bailiffs May have gone round. The claim now says *the following:

The final return (result) for your warrant xxxxxxxxx against Xxxxxx*was received on 19/12/2019

A bar was put in place for Xxxxxxxx*on 19/12/2019

Your notification that the claim was fully paid on 19/12/2019 for Xxxxxxx*was accepted on 19/12/2019 at 14:13:39

I don’t understand the bar put in place. Could anyone explain how that can happen with the judgement being enforced in my favour.*

Also it says paid and that I notified them however I didn’t and it’s not been paid to me. The only people who can have updated it is the court or the bailiffs.*

Could it be that she’s paid the bailiffs but put a bar in place? She’s an accountant so could it be she’s trying to protect her name so the judgement won’t be made public . It’s my first time taking some one to small claims so it’s all a bit confusing! I’ve trued to get hold of the court collections all day.
    thanks.
    Tags: None

Best thing is to call the court and the bailiff/enforcement agents to find out if she paid etc

Normally a bar would be put in place if they were applying to set aside the judgment which doesn't really scan with it having been paid
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X