• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sold Made to Measure goods-not been paid balance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold Made to Measure goods-not been paid balance

Hello,I sold made to measure blinds to a customer who paid a deposit and after fitting of the blinds refuses to pay the balance,claiming they don't cover the windows completely. During the survey I pointed out the limitations of installing any blinds, and she specifically requested these types.She's arguing that they don't give 100% coverage or blocking out.The balance was doe on fitting,when she refused to pay; she told me not to contact her again when I sent a text message asking for the payment few days later.I sent an invoice 10 days later and got no response. One month after the invoice,I've sent her a Letter before Action and she sent an email the next day in which she's states certain parts of the blinds are different colour, which are patently untrue,and which I can easily disprove( These would have been easily visible at time of fitting but she did not mention this at the time).However, as the goods are in her possession she can do anything to them claiming that's how they were when fitted. The blinds are the colour she ordered, they work as they are supposed to,the controls are on the sides she ordered. However, in her email she states they're unfit for purpose and demands a refund and wants to return the blinds.
    As I said I've sent her a LBA giving 7 days to pay the balance.Should I respond to her email, or ignore it and start a s claim?
    Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X