• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court claim questions

Hello

I'm considering bringing a civil claim against a business and have a few questions.

For background the only assets I have is £3500~ car and £4000 in a LISA. I also have circa £50,000 in unsecure debt.

1) Fee remission - disposable capital

I have £4000 in a LISA account, I can't withdraw this without a penalty. I know ISAs are included in the disposal capital calculation. Does that include a LISA? Or does the 'pension' like quality make it exempt?

2) Fee remission - income criteria

I am employed by a personal service company. Director of 1 man limited company). I receive £712 a month salary and can withdraw dividends as and when appropriate from retained profits.

Myself and the limited company I own are two separate legal entities. My limited company has full discretion on how much dividends to declare.

Would I be within the rules to not declare any dividends for 3 months so my only income into my personal account is £712/month?

3) Amount claimed

The true amount that I believe I could claim is well in excess of £10,000. However am I able to claim £9,999 to keep it in the small claims court? I'm aware it could still put on another track due to complexity. However will the judge see that I'm clearing 'under claiming' and put it on different track?

Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X