• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons Solicitors/Capquest Investments vs ecalid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Restons Continued...

Ok so here's a little update.

Restons have been in touch finally after realizing that I live at a new address, addressed to my new address.

Basicly the short version is that they dispute my need to require a copy of the credit agreement followed by their unrelenting plea to get me to admit the claim. As they feel my defence will have little success.

They have also sent me transactions on the account from within 3 years, there is numerous payments and adjustments, the last payment they recieved was on the 04/04/14 accompanied by the N9A claim admission form.

They want me to prove that I have sent a credit agreement request to Capquest, so I will copy the letter and scan it with the post office recorded reciept and then reply in due course.

If anybody has any further insight on this matter than please let me know

I have attached the letter:

https://ibb.co/nDBVEv

https://ibb.co/duTMMa

Thanks.
    Last edited by ecalid; 8th August 2017, 16:33:PM.

Comment

that will stop them for now no doubt send it Recorded Delivery, Rectums are the pits they try and buy time to wear you down one day can see trouble against these companies and not before time

Comment

Merged threads - reading back the original account was opened in 2012. Just for ref. In your first post you stated it was originally Littlewoods ? is that correct ? and is 2012 correct ?

Did you send back your SAR form to ShopDirect with ID ?

They want me to prove that I have sent a copy of the agreement to Capquest, so I will copy the letter and scan it with the post office recorded reciept and then reply in due course.
        Sounds like a plan to me.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Restons Solicitors/Capquest Investments vs ecalid

FYI: Sorry I c*cked up my previous post, I meant to say that I was going to send a copy of the request letter to capquest to and their reply absent of the agreement. Accompanied by the postal order receipt and the tracking number.

Yes that is correct. Sorry yes it is Littlewoods, Shop Direct is their nerve center I believe.

The SAR is on it's way.

Can somebody help me type up a decent reply to these guys as I feel it would be uncouth to not reciprocate proper etiquette in my correspondence.
          Last edited by ecalid; 8th August 2017, 16:24:PM.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Basicly the short version is that they dispute my need to require a copy of the credit agreement followed by their unrelenting plea to get me to admit the claim. As they feel my defence will have little success.
              They want me to prove that I have sent a credit agreement request to Capquest, so I will copy the letter and scan it with the post office recorded reciept and then reply in due course.
              Why get involved in letter tennis?
              If it were me I'd just send another CCA s78 request + £1.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by ecalid View Post
                FYI: Sorry I c*cked up my previous post, I meant to say that I was going to send a copy of the request letter to capquest to and their reply absent of the agreement. Accompanied by the postal order receipt and the tracking number.

Yes that is correct. Sorry yes it is Littlewoods, Shop Direct is their nerve center I believe.

The SAR is on it's way.

Can somebody help me type up a decent reply to these guys as I feel it would be uncouth to not reciprocate proper etiquette in my correspondence.

Type up a response = you sure they can read?? anything like me then still awaiting responses from few years ago, seems to be the case where Shop Direct are involved, says it all

Comment

Originally posted by ecalid View Post
                  Thanks for clearing that up guys, as you can probably surmise I am abit naive in this field.
                  Most people are just beginers to start with, that is why legal beagles is such a useful site.

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                    Hi
                    You have filed your defence but not yet got to Witness Statement stage is that right?

I believe that if it gets that far the court will order disclosure of documents you are to rely on in court along with a WS be filed with all parties by a deadline - normally 14 days before the hearing.

This is where cat and mouse is played as you hope they send you their WS before you have to do yours and vice versa because you can challenge points in it if you see what I mean.

There is a way to go yet before you even get to that stage
                    One major factor on the (DCA s) side is experierience, most people have just one or maybe two battles with DCA s, companies like Restons have this on a daily basis. That is why Legal Beagles is so helpful, collective experience.

Comment

So which is the best course of action do you guys think.

Comment

I'd just do as you first said, reply to Restons saying I sent a CCA request on x date to x address, which they received on x date.... please see copy attached for your records. If it was acknowledged by t'other side, include copy of the response. That's all that is needed. No need to comment on any other parts of their letter.
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Right so I sent off the SAR form and a letter to restons reitterating my CCA request that I had sent to Capquest complete with a scan of all receipts and tracking numbers.

I paid the postal order out to the Data protection Unit which was the address that the SAR was to be delivered to, I am certain it will find its way into the right hands?

I've read about the witness statement that I may have to come up against at some point, could somebody fill me in on exactly what this entails and what purpose it serves??

Comment

Right so I sent off the SAR form and a letter to restons
                            Why?

Did you send back your SAR form to ShopDirect with ID ?
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Sar form went to ShopDirect
                              Letter went to Restons.

That's fine.

Witness Statement will be later - some examples here - > http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ness-Statement .... but basically it will be where you list ( and exhibit/attach) what letters you sent, to whom and when, and any response or lack thereof - to back up your defence and show the court you have tried to find out information to enable you to consider the case.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

So just a minor update...

I have recieved a confirmation letter from Restons in regards to the what I assume is the pending CCA request as they mention "once we have recieved the documentation".

Still no sign of any documents I requested through CPR. Should I chase this up or is it even worth it?

Thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X