• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bw legal/ lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bw legal/ lowell

So it will definately go ahead at some point then? Oh well suppose its better than going to court!

Comment

Originally posted by Mousey 66 View Post
      Is there no time limit on how long they have to contact about this then?
      The Small Claims Court Mediation Service has a target of 28 days to arrange (and carry out) the Mediation appointment starting from when it's passed to them.

Di

Comment

What happens if I haven't heard anything in that time?

Comment

Received a DQ from BW today it says they look forward to hearing from me do I have to send them anything?? They have also filled in the second page, where it asks if they agree to the small claims track, they ticked yes, also asks about expert evidence which they ticked no, witnesses they put TBC, and an allocation fee unless proceeding on a counterclaim which they ticked they havent included any payment with the form, its signed Bwlegal.

Comment

Can anyone tell me if what theyve sent me is correct? The first page of the letter has a payment slip on the reverse are they still hoping I'll pay them the whole amount to avoid it going any further?

Comment

You should get a DQ from the court for you to fill in. have a look on MCOL to see if one has been sent yet although it may take a day or two and will be sent after the court received theirs. When you do, fill in it and send one copy to the court and one copy to the claimants solicitors

Comment

I got one and sent it back to the court on Tuesday, I only got one though so how do I send one to BW??

Comment

It's OK. The court should send it to them

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                    It's OK. The court should send it to them
                    Morning, Warwick.
                    Strictly speaking, copies of completed DQs should be served on all other parties as well as being filed at court.
                    CPR 26.3(b)(ii)
                    https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...es/part26#26.3
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

So I assume the copy DW sent me is correct and it's normal procedure to have a payment slip on the reverse of the first page?

Comment

I don't know for certain but I imagine BW will have sent you a copy and just added a payment slip in there hoping for tea and cakes on you

If you are worried call the court and ask them about what you sent them.

Did you keep a copy of your DQ ?

Just a note for future, always but always keep copies of what you send - this would be really important if you get to witness statements as you would look a right plonker saying to a judge- oops I'm sorry i forgot what i wrote in my statement:-)

Comment

I didn't keep a copy and I only ticked that I agree to mediation didn't fill any witness statement in didn't know I was meant to?

Comment

I didn't keep a copy and I only ticked that I agree to mediation didn't fill any witness statement in didn't know I was meant to?
                            Don't worry, witness statements are further down the line so you haven't messed up - at least from what I can say without actually seeing the forms.

I was just making the point as to why it will be important to keep copies in the future

Comment

I only ticked that I agree to mediation didn't fill any witness statement
                              Did you complete the whole DQ form entering the name of your local county court, any dates you may be unavailable for a court a hearing (holiday/hospital appointment etc), that you would be attending the hearing in person and so on?

Di

Comment

No I didn't fill any of that in as I opted for mediation, didn't know I had to?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X