• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell solicitors have applied for a ccj, please help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell solicitors have applied for a ccj, please help!

they have 28 days from receiving defence or it gets stayed

Comment

Hi everyone,

So just a quick update my defence was sent on the 7th of October but on the MCOL site it says received 10th October. The 28 days limit that they have to respond, is that only working days or 28 in total from October 10th? Finally I haven't heard a peep since putting my defence in, if this stays the same after the 28 days is up will the court contact myself with an update or do I need to contact them?

Many thanks as always

Micky

Comment

if after the length of time give a week or so for courts to update their file then ring them ask for update, you will not be informed if stayed , so you would need to ring and find out MCOL will not show stayed either.

Comment

Thanks MIKE770 that's exactly what I shall do then.

Comment

Originally posted by Darter245 View Post
            Hi everyone,

So just a quick update my defence was sent on the 7th of October but on the MCOL site it says received 10th October. The 28 days limit that they have to respond, is that only working days or 28 in total from October 10th? Finally I haven't heard a peep since putting my defence in, if this stays the same after the 28 days is up will the court contact myself with an update or do I need to contact them?

Many thanks as always

Micky
            28 days from the date the claimant receives the defence + 5 days allowed for service.

If you are not contacted by the court and/or the claimant within the timescale the court will stay the claim will be stayed (suspended) by the court.

You are not informed when this happens so you will have to phone the court to check on the status of the claim.

nem

nem

Comment

Thanks nem, there's one other question that you may be able to help with. If I hear nothing and the claim is stayed, I understand it will cost Lowell £255 to lift the stay, if the claim is only for over just £800 would you envisage them paying the money out to lift the stay or not if they can somehow muster the relevant paperwork in the future?

Thanks

Micky

Comment

Thanks nem, there's one other question that you may be able to help with. If I hear nothing and the claim is stayed, I understand it will cost Lowell £255 to lift the stay, if the claim is only for over just £800 would you envisage them paying the money out to lift the stay or not if they can somehow muster the relevant paperwork in the future?

Thanks

Micky
                It would depend on how sure they are of their claim Lowell at present with their in house " legal " team are very unpredictable.

nem

Comment

I knew it was a tricky question to give an answer for, I'm sure I will find out their intentions soon enough. They don't seem the best at passing any type of information across or even the most competent bunch of people.

Micky

Comment

I knew it was a tricky question to give an answer for, I'm sure I will find out their intentions soon enough. They don't seem the best at passing any type of information across or even the most competent bunch of people.

Micky
                    On balance so far my impression is that Lowell solicitors ( based on what I see on LB and elsewhere) have a success rate of less than 1%.

nem

Comment

Hi again,

Just after a little bit of valued advice, please. I submitted my defence and this was confirmed as being received on 10th October. This all being confirmed thru the MCOL webpage. So as far as I am concerned Lowell Solicitors time to respond should be up now, the 28 plus 5 days. I have worked out so far 35 or 36 days has passed depending if the 10th of October is classed as the first day.

I have just rang the County Court business centre and I think I have just been fobbed off. The call handler said there was no progress as yet, I asked if there was a stay on the case and she advised to ring back at the end of the week. I informed her that using my calculations Lowell Solicitors time to respond had ran out but she didn't seem concerned or wanted to help.

Surely there time has passed and something should have happened by now. Should I ring back and ask more questions or ask what the hell is actually going on?

Many thanks as always

Micky

Comment

slow down always allow court admin at least 5 days to file/update, court process is overwhelmed most of the time, she is asking you to ring in 5 days so do it then, stayed can be lifted at any time so sit back and relax you do not need to be like a bull at the gate, if stayed let sleeping dogs lie or it can back fire on you, anyway even stayed Lowells cretins seem to issue DQ which you fill in, after that it is wait and see if it was issued to panic you into submission? watch the thread on lowells these days as they seem to be playing silly buggers at times.

Comment

Hi again,

Just after a little bit of valued advice, please. I submitted my defence and this was confirmed as being received on 10th October. This all being confirmed thru the MCOL webpage. So as far as I am concerned Lowell Solicitors time to respond should be up now, the 28 plus 5 days. I have worked out so far 35 or 36 days has passed depending if the 10th of October is classed as the first day.

I have just rang the County Court business centre and I think I have just been fobbed off. The call handler said there was no progress as yet, I asked if there was a stay on the case and she advised to ring back at the end of the week. I informed her that using my calculations Lowell Solicitors time to respond had ran out but she didn't seem concerned or wanted to help.

Surely there time has passed and something should have happened by now. Should I ring back and ask more questions or ask what the hell is actually going on?

Many thanks as always

Micky

Hello Micky,

The court staff cannot give you legal advice.

You are not informed when a claim is stayed, so you need to check Wed/Thurs as it takes some time for the records to be updated as there is some considerable backlog in the system.

nem

Comment

Hi nem,

Thanks as always. It's the first time I have had any dealings with the County Court system, the hard part is getting your head around everything. OK I shall let a few days pass and ring them up again.

Micky

Comment

Morning nem,

I have rang the County Court this morning and I have been informed that from Nov 14th the claim is "stayed". I know I have asked you similar questions in the past and Lowell Solicitors seem to be an unknown quantity but what could happen next? Or more to the point what do you consider be the likeliest of outcomes. Tough question I know, you needn't answer it either if you don't want to. Me personally I hope the cost of lifting the stay and the relatively low cost of the claim stops them from proceedig any further.

One last quick question too, can the claim remain "stayed" for an unlimited amount of time or are there timescales for these things?

Thanks as always

Micky

Comment

Morning nem,

I have rang the County Court this morning and I have been informed that from Nov 14th the claim is "stayed". I know I have asked you similar questions in the past and Lowell Solicitors seem to be an unknown quantity but what could happen next? Or more to the point what do you consider be the likeliest of outcomes. Tough question I know, you needn't answer it either if you don't want to. Me personally I hope the cost of lifting the stay and the relatively low cost of the claim stops them from proceedig any further.

One last quick question too, can the claim remain "stayed" for an unlimited amount of time or are there timescales for these things?

Thanks as always

Micky

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X