• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Checking a county court claim form is real

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Checking a county court claim form is real

Have you received the Claimant's DQ yet?
    If so, are they sending a witness to court?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Not received the claimant's DQ yet, only have the defence DQ.

Comment

Personally, I like to know the state of play before revealing my hand.
        You could phone the court to find out when the latest date by which they are required to submit their DQ.
        They also have to give you a copy.
        That said, you do have to submit yours to court on time, with a copy to the Claimant's sols.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

So does it matter if we have a copy of their DQ? before submitting the letter requesting that my wife does not attend?? I'm guessing that the letter would be sent to our local court then?

Comment

It would be handy to know whether they intend to send a representative to the hearing; their DQ will indicate that.
            Your DQ will indicate likewise. (It will ask if your wife intends to send any witnesses, which includes herself, btw)
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

So, when is it best to send off the letter to the court about her not attending? As the form needs to be sent off and if she is not attending, I need to make sure the form indicates this.

Comment

Per your post above, your DQ does not have to be returned until the beginning of December.
                Much can happen between now & then.
                Personally I would contact the court (post #48) &/or wait for the Claimant's DQ.
                Again, I would submit my DQ on time but not prematurely.
                Have you & your wife definitely decided not to attend a hearing?
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

My wife would not be able to attend due to her mental health, as for myself, I have not thought about it. It all depends on when the hearing would be as I would need to get time off work to attend. If I did attend or if no one attended, would the court need copies of the letters, which have been sent out?

Comment

would the court need copies of the letters, which have been sent out?
                    Which letters, sent to whom?
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Sorry, the CCA letter and the other letter as set out in the first steps.

Comment

In due course, then.
                        If the case continues, you can include them in your witness statement & document exchange, especially if you still haven't received compliant responses.
                        The witness statement etc. is normally due 14 days before the hearing (or otherwise per court's instructions).
                        Last edited by charitynjw; 16th November 2016, 15:33:PM. Reason: I originallywrote 'as per'....my English tutor would not have been pleased!
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

So, best course of action from here is to resend a copy of the CCA and then wait until near the end of November before sending the form off and maybe contact the court to see if they are going to send a witness?

Comment

Originally posted by fidelandche View Post
                            So, best course of action from here is to resend a copy of the CCA
                            I would. You do need proof that one has been sent.
                            and then wait until near the end of November before sending the form off
                            I would.
                            and maybe contact the court to see if they are going to send a witness?
                            You will only know this if they have filed their own DQ. It would be an advantage to know when their court-ordered deadline is.
                            ####
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

what advantage would there be in knowing when their court ordered deadline is?

Comment

If they have not complied with a court-ordered deadline, the court could apply sanctions.
                                It would depend on the seriousness of the breach, whether there is good reason, & the prejudice to the other party (ie your wife)
                                This, of course, will be up to the court to decide whether to do so & if so, which sanction(s) to apply.
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X