• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I had MKDP struck out 18months ago now come back to haunt me as Hoist & Howard Cohen!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I had MKDP struck out 18months ago now come back to haunt me as Hoist & Howard Co

Originally posted by Kati View Post
    Looks like they just put through a big batch of accounts without checking any facts first
    Exactly that Kati, there's no other applications have been made.

nem

Comment

Re: I had MKDP struck out 18months ago now come back to haunt me as Hoist & Howard Co

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Yes but if they have a court order ( as is stated in their letter ) then the court must have changed the details on the claim ( which was struck out ) so we might need to check with the court the claim hasn't been reinstated in betweeny times.
      Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Okay that's a generic order for a whole list of claim references. I would still call the court tomorrow and give them the claim number and ask the current status as you have an order stating it was struck out in Oct 2014 but have received this order from the court about a bulk change of claimant to Hoist etc and Hoist have told you yours is included... See what they say then we can go from there.
      Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Exactly that Kati, there's no other applications have been made.

nem
      Hi folks

Which court would the defendant contact? (The application is via the High Court)
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
        Hi folks

Which court would the defendant contact? (The application is via the High Court)
        The application is a multiple submission to change the name of claimant nothing else there could be hundreds of claims involved.
        Obviously it seems that claims have been included whatever the status which would be typical of MKDP which has always been sloppy.
        There's no need for any contact at this time if any action is taken it will be via the court that struck out the claim.

nem

Comment

Leicester... as it is they who struck the claim out originally I'd still double check with the court - then we can be definitive in telling HC to bog off.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ok just called Leicester cc and they said nothing has changed since I struck them out in oct 2014.
            So what to do now?

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo1610 View Post
              Ok just called Leicester cc and they said nothing has changed since I struck them out in oct 2014.
              So what to do now?
              Nothing to do s yet, or until any contact is made.

As said I suspect that the " multiple defendants / claims order was formulated without and consideration of the status of the claims.

nem

Comment

So what to do now?
                Yep agree with Nem. As it is a bulk generic letter and obvs not directly related to your case - the claim number was just on the list - I'd wait till you hear anything further from them. Keep the letters on file for now and if you get further annoyances from them we can respond to tell them a) stat barred b) claim struck c) bugger off ( more or less )
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

See Buckland v Palmer 1984 http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...-v-Palmer-1984

Comment

Originally posted by andi-leigh2 View Post
                    As far as I can see there is no new claim, as said previously this " court order" was made for a " bulk " change of claimant.

nem

Comment

As the matter is quite clearly closed by S/O, there is nothing to say that due to incompetentcies or just sheer arrogance and disregard for the system, someone somewhere would wish to "try it on" and issue new proceedings. Twice I have had to deal with duplicate litigation in the past 10 years.

Comment

mmmm - interesting ! I wonder how many accounts on the list / joint app ?

Knew you were going to ask for that, here it is. uersmiley:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X