• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global - Order for the production of statement of means

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global - Order for the production of statement of means

Hello all. I need urgent help with this court letter. (see attached)

The letter was passed to me by my father and I haven't lived at that address for over 6 years. All my letters were changed to come to my new address so I haven't received any other letters in correspondence to this claim nor was anything passed to me from my previous address.

I don't recognise this debt. I searched online about Arrow Global and I understand they bought this debt from another company but from who? I checked my credit report and found it has been registered as CCJ against me

Even if I knew about this debt I haven't acknowledged any debt or made any payment to a creditor for over 6 years therefore under the Limitation Act 1980 this would be Statute Barred. With that in mind I'm considering filing a N244 to have it set aside but I'm very reluctant due to the cost but first I need to know what are the alternatives apart from paying the full amount.

Also how do I go about getting the following information from the creditor

• Where the debt originated from
    • Evidence I applied for this credit
    • Evidence that I've acknowledged this debt in 6 years
    • Evidence that I've made a payment within 6 years

Hope someone can help

Regards

momo
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow Global - Order for the production of statement of means

Originally posted by momo83 View Post
    Hello all. I need urgent help with this court letter. (see attached)

The letter was passed to me by my father and I haven't lived at that address for over 6 years. All my letters were changed to come to my new address so I haven't received any other letters in correspondence to this claim nor was anything passed to me from my previous address.

I don't recognise this debt. I searched online about Arrow Global and I understand they bought this debt from another company but from who? I checked my credit report and found it has been registered as CCJ against me

Even if I knew about this debt I haven't acknowledged any debt or made any payment to a creditor for over 6 years therefore under the Limitation Act 1980 this would be Statute Barred. With that in mind I'm considering filing a N244 to have it set aside but I'm very reluctant due to the cost but first I need to know what are the alternatives apart from paying the full amount.

Also how do I go about getting the following information from the creditor

• Where the debt originated from
    • Evidence I applied for this credit
    • Evidence that I've acknowledged this debt in 6 years
    • Evidence that I've made a payment within 6 years

Hope someone can help

Regards

momo
    Hello Momo.
    I would ring the court on Monday morning and inform them that this the first you have heard about any alleged debt CC Claim or the CCJ.
    When was this order issued?

Clearly the Claimant has your previous address and if you don't contact the court it could act stated on the order and it could mean a court officer visiting the address to ascertain your whereabouts or the worst scenario an arrest warrant for contempt of court.
    After contacting the court you have some options which can be dealt with once you have done so.

nem

Comment

According to my credit report the ccj was issued in Jan this year. I received the letter yesterday and it was dated 18th March and it gave me 8 days to respond so I'm over that now.

This is why I'm worried

Comment

According to my credit report the ccj was issued in Jan this year. I received the letter yesterday and it was dated 18th March and it gave me 8 days to respond so I'm over that now.

This is why I'm worried
        That's why you must contact the court on Monday, court offices open 1000hrs - 1600hrs but some may have less hours due to cuts.

nem

Comment

Thanks for your advice nem. I'll contact them on Monday.

Comment

Thanks for your advice nem. I'll contact them on Monday.
            Please come back and then we can go through all the possibilities.

nem

Comment

Hi nem

I've called the court today explaining my situation and the fact I've only just found out about this debt and the address is wrong. They have noted this down against the debt however they have asked that I write a covering letter explaining all this when I respond to the letter.

I've bought myself a very small window now I need to know what the next step is.

Regards

Momo

Comment

Hello Momo,

It's very important to get that explanatory letter sent to the court by signed for post preferably today if possible.

nem

Comment

Do I still complete the Form that was attached requesting information on my earnings. Or should I leave that out and just send out the explanatory letter.

I want to be careful as I don't want to say anything that will acknowledge this as my debt

Comment

Do I still complete the Form that was attached requesting information on my earnings. Or should I leave that out and just send out the explanatory letter.

I want to be careful as I don't want to say anything that will acknowledge this as my debt
                    If the I&E form was ordered by the court yes send it. IF it's and AG request ignore for now.

nem

Comment

It's an N56 attachment of earnings order

Comment

It's an N56 attachment of earnings order
                        Yes complete, but mention in the " explanatory " letter that you have completed without any intended or implied admission of liability.

nem

Comment

You do need to complete the Statement of Means and send it to the court, put a cover letter with it as suggested. You can also look at applying to set aside the judgment as it was made in default without your knowledge. You could always speak with Arrow Global and ask them what the debt is and tell them this is the first you know about it and intend to apply to set aside. They should be able to tell you what the debt was which should help you decide whether to challenge the judgement or not.

Read here for information about Set Aside applications - http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...lication-notes
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I've finally finished writing a covering letter and completing the form now that I've finished work. I intend to hand this in tomorrow morning as the court house is not far from me.

Please have a read at my covering letter and let me know if I should include anything else. Thanks in advance.

Dear Sir/ Madam
                            I am writing this letter in response to your Order for Production of Statement of Means with an explanation of the lateness to my response.

The address stated on this document is incorrect and has not been my address for approximately 6 years. All letters that I’m aware of have been redirected to my current address as above.
                            It is shocking to know that after purchasing a credit report on the 2nd April I found there has been a CCJ registered again my name since January this year without my knowledge.
                            I’m not aware of any debt to the value as stated and I’m not familiar with the Creditor Arrow Global. I have however completed the N56 Attachment of Earnings form but without any intended or implied admission to liability until I can further investigate this debt and obtain legal advice.

Please be assured I take this matter seriously.

Sincerely

Comment

Hi,
                              What more can you say?

Please keep us up to date on progress.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X