• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Judgment of Claiment (in default)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judgment of Claiment (in default)

Hi
    I need some help and guidance on how to deal with this letter, iv not received anything from Lowell in months then out of the blue this letter turns up... Is it even real because it looks fake? Please can someone help??2016-03-30 15.44.02.jpg
    Tags: None

Re: Judgment of Claiment (in default)

Originally posted by Fitzy4321 View Post
    Hi
    I need some help and guidance on how to deal with this letter, iv not received anything from Lowell in months then out of the blue this letter turns up... Is it even real because it looks fake? Please can someone help??[ATTACH=CONFIG]23377[/ATTACH]
    Good afternoon, welcome to LB,,

The court form is certainly not a " fake" from what I can see it's in regard to a claim issued by Lowell Solicitors Ltd on behalf of Lowell Portfolio 1 is that correct?

The original claim pack would have come from the same court as this judgement notice as the court seems to have your correct address now it's odd you didn't receive the other court papers, have yo move at all since Lowell contacted you first?

What is the debt that was subject to the claim please.

nem

Comment

thank you for replying
      I'm stuck as I don't even remember what this is for??? it may be for 3 mobile phone contract, and I cant even remember the last time I spoke to them, sorry for being so useless

Comment

sorry just to add I'm paying off council tax arrears witch iv been told is way more important to clear than these sorts of things, and I notified these when I last spoke to them that I was clearing council tax

Comment

thank you for replying
          I'm stuck as I don't even remember what this is for??? it may be for 3 mobile phone contract, and I cant even remember the last time I spoke to them, sorry for being so useless
          Don't worry, there's claim number on the form, and the court tel number if you ring the court between 1000hs and 1600hrs tomorrow the court staff should be able to tell you the details.

Was it them mobile account that Lowell were chasing previously or do they hold more than one debt of yours.

nem

Comment

sorry just to add I'm paying off council tax arrears witch iv been told is way more important to clear than these sorts of things, and I notified these when I last spoke to them that I was clearing council tax
            CT is certainly a priority.

nem

Comment

should I inform them tomorrow when I ring them that I'm clearing CT?

Comment

should I inform them tomorrow when I ring them that I'm clearing CT?
                TBH they wont be interested in your priorities Fitzy you just need the information ( court staff cannot give legal advice and matters like priorities etc. matters for a judge.

nem

Comment

so your advise would be to get all the info from the court about the debt? would this be harassment from Lowell then seen as they know I'm paying CT and currently still paying? sorry to fire so many questions at you nem

Comment

so your advise would be to get all the info from the court about the debt? would this be harassment from Lowell then seen as they know I'm paying CT and currently still paying? sorry to fire so many questions at you nem
                    Fitzy, Lowell's only priority is collecting the debt what else goes on is disregarded, if you are asked to make an I& E statement the you can list all your priority outgoings/non priorities etc. and set them against your income.

Get the claim details then we can start on the finer point we are blind in the current situation;

nem

Comment

nem my friend you are a legend I will say good evening to you and drop u a msg on this thread tomorrow after iv spoke to the court to obtain this info. thank you for taking the time to talk to me
                      with many thanks
                      Fitzy

Comment

nem my friend you are a legend I will say good evening to you and drop u a msg on this thread tomorrow after iv spoke to the court to obtain this info. thank you for taking the time to talk to me
                        with many thanks
                        Fitzy
                        Happy to help!!:tinysmile_twink_t2:

nem

Comment

Hi nem
                          So that was a very un informative two phone calls iv ever made, the court told me that they couldn't send me much info what they can send me I'm STILL waiting to receive in an email. They also told me to get in contact with Lowell as they should be able to issue more details.
                          So I ring Lowell and he tells me he cant issue me any details and the court has passed it for the collection with the attachment I sent prior, I think I'm being fobbed off here.
                          On the plus I got a date from with the debt was generated... October 2006...
                          Know I don't know an awful but shouldn't that have been statute barred after 6 years?
                          kind regards

Comment

Hi nem
                            So that was a very un informative two phone calls iv ever made, the court told me that they couldn't send me much info what they can send me I'm STILL waiting to receive in an email. They also told me to get in contact with Lowell as they should be able to issue more details.
                            So I ring Lowell and he tells me he cant issue me any details and the court has passed it for the collection with the attachment I sent prior, I think I'm being fobbed off here.
                            On the plus I got a date from with the debt was generated... October 2006...
                            Know I don't know an awful but shouldn't that have been statute barred after 6 years?
                            kind regards
                            I smell Skulduggery as well!

I wonder if the 2006 date was the date the account was opened?

Have you checked credit files for this? If not a check on Noddle Free Online just might show up some detail.

nem

Comment

right iv signed up, what am I looking for as I'm new to this and never even checked my own credit score etc

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X