• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice on how to proceed greatly apprciated. Thank you : ) CCCC issue date 15/03/2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice on how to proceed greatly apprciated. Thank you : ) CCCC issue date 15/03/

Originally posted by MajorWolf View Post
    Yes, shouldn't be a problem : ) Just going to dig out my 16 year old scanner and see if it works with Win7!!
    lol, good luck with that, Photographing documents is sometimes good enough if you have a decent camera / iphone and can get the image shadowless in good focus. Otherwise just add your signature to the document digitally xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Advice on how to proceed greatly apprciated. Thank you : ) CCCC issue date 15/03/

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      For emailed documents I usually scan/photograph my signature on plain paper in to my desktop, crop it and resize it, and add it to the document either on word or on Adobe PDF using the sign document facility. Depends what document it is really.

That's a very good idea!
      Its easy enough to import graphic files into word, I'm on it! thank you

Comment

Got to be easier in dragging the millenial scanner out the loft and spending three hours trying to find the right drivers to make it work xx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Got to be easier in dragging the millenial scanner out the loft and spending three hours trying to find the right drivers to make it work xx
          Haha damn straight!! x if its anything like the laptop i had back then it will have a mind blowing resolution too!
          Last edited by MajorWolf; 8th April 2016, 23:13:PM. Reason: Relevence

Comment

Well importing and formatting my signature into Word was very painless indeed and looks exactly like it was signed on the screen! Thank you for that most excellent suggestion : )

I am however slightly unsure about my defence being in 'Defendant' mode, as opposed to ''1st person'' as the N9B official response form gives you the options of either '' I believe'' or ''The defendant believes'' and either being signed by oneself or by ones legal representative or litigation friend if ''defendant'' has been used.

Throughout my defence i have referred to myself as ''the Defendant'' and then signed it as myself.. is this a little ambiguous?

I may be over reading into this however!? (i just want it to look professional, so they take me seriously)

I found a digitally editable .pdf of the official N9B Defence Response Form and am debating whether to include it as wasn't exactly sure how to word/structure my email, and then noticed the signature business...

You guys are experts, what do people normally do when they email a defence?

I'll attach the N9B editable .pdf in case its of any use to anyone : ) and also a polished version of my defence (i have made two copies of actual defence in .pdf one as ''Defendant'' and one as ''1st person'' so i can fire either one off as soon as i know which is best!
            Attached Files

Comment

Backdated? Acknowledgement of CPR request received from HC&Co

Hello,
              Hope you are all well and enjoying the spring sunshine : )

Well, i emailed my defence to Northumberland County Court Business Centre on Monday 11thApril and received no acknowledgement from them of having received it.

However, yesterday (Wed 13th April) i received an acknowledgement from Howard Cohen&Co of the CPR 31.14 request that i sent back on the 21st March! (received by them on 23rd March)

The letter was dated 5th April which funnily enough happens to be the deadline for them responding.
              What a coincidence it arrived 2days after i submitted my defence?
              It only took 8 days to arrive. They must have used Royal Snail.

As i am writing this, the postman has just delivered a letter form the court, acknowledging receipt of my defence and stating it had been served upon the claimant.

What a surprise then, that HC&Co should backdate their CPR acknowledgement (giving a general extension of time) AFTER they received my defence!!

I'm not sure what that means now, and whether i should contact the courts explaining this, as i based my defence on not having had any acknowledgement from HC&Co.

The acknowledgement letters envelope from HC&C has no date stamp naturally.. Although the court letters envelope does and is marked as sent on Tue 12th April (Day after i submitted my defence)

Any advice? or just sit tight and see what unfolds...

MW

Attached Files

Comment

Copy of letter sent (emailed) to Court
                Attached Files

Comment

Hellooo is there anybody ooout there?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X