• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help carter/lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help carter/lowell

Nem

Just a quick q what is the lrgal definition of a "vulnerable person" and how would that affect me?

thanks in advance

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by brisad View Post
        Nem

Just a quick q what is the lrgal definition of a "vulnerable person" and how would that affect me?

thanks in advance
        Someone who has physical and or mental health problems, has problems of stress and anxiety, difficulty in coping with problems in daily life, coupled with limited disposable income and this all together worsens the persons capability to cope with daily life.

nem

Comment

Hi all

Post script to the saga!

Spoke to stepchange a lot and every time I got a different advisor who had differing advice about DRO's very nice people I called Lowells solicitors legal advisor who was i/c my case we had a very pleasant chap and offered me a token payment of £10 per month I was inclined to agree as there would have been no CCJ and they appreciated my situation just a default listed on my credit report

Spoke with stepchange and the person I spoke to said to write to the court and Lowells offering a £1 per month till I was/not awarded a DRO and why pay forever when it would be dealt with in 12 months?

I refused the offer by phone the lowell guy urged me to send them income and list of illness(s) and they would probably stop action and not to collect due to my circumstances.

Stepchange told me the value of my vehicle was way over the acceptable limit and would have to be sold! long to short the court struck out the defence I entered with the advice here and with stepchange, it was struck out at the hearing and the offer was considered ridiculess and awarded Lowells a 14 day for full payment of the debt.

Trusting my own gut feeling and called the lowell guy and asked if the £10 per month would still be acceptable.... it was and I entered into an agreeement with them and they were not interested in my vehicle due to all the adaptations as a disability aid.

They readily agreed to the £10 amonth for 4200 months and I now have that in writing and paid my fist installment.

The reason I have put this here is to let everyone know that lowell can supply EVERY DOCUMENT for cases unlike Bryan Carters (R.I.P)
          and will take court action AND they paid for an advocate to attend the hearing!.

I hope this will be of use to this community and my thanks to everyone who tried their best to help me xx

Kind regards Brian

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X